Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 124
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3561 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello everyone
merlin
Hi. I have been visiting this site for a very long time now and I thought I really should get round to registering so I can post on the forums. It really is an excellent site and I especially like the reviews section. They are well written and definitely have helped me in deciding what to buy.

I bought my AES in 1994 and found the cost of games at the time a bit of a struggle to afford. For a long time all I had was World Heroes 2 which I played to death, sometimes getting very angry when Dio kicked my butt. I still love this game today and it was really playing the original World Heroes game in the arcade which made me want to buy an AES. I find it a little surprising that quite a few people don't seem to like the World Heroes games at all but of course they are entitled to their opinion.

Anyway I only bought a total of 5 games and after a few years I stupidly lost interest in the neo geo but although I sold off my Master System, Megadrive, Snes etc. I could not bring myself to part with my beloved AES.

In late 2006 I rediscovered my neo geo and am now totally obsessed with it. I have bought 16 Japanese AES. People often say that AES games are too expensive and yes of course certain games do go for ridiculous prices but I remember how much these games cost originally and most of my AES were bought very cheaply. It's incredible how cheap you can get Samurai Spirits 2 for. I intend to get a convertor and buy games like Blazing Star, Metal Slug etc. By the way is it possible to get Japanese MVS inserts? I personally prefer Japanese inserts with their classic neo geo logo.

Anyway I will stop now and best wishes to you all.

Kazuya_UK
Hey! Thanks for registering on the new site and welcome to the forums... good to see yet more UK members joining!! I'm glad the reviews have been helpful to you, that's what the site is here for! Thumbs Up

Props on liking World Heroes. People around here will be able to tell you that I really like World Heroes, and although it's not part of my official top 10 it is certainly one of the games I hold very fond memories of, the original in particular! I still remember skiving off from school to play it, as we had a shop nearby with a few arcade machines and World Heroes as well as Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown 1/2 were the main reasons I spent so much time there! Grin Have you played Neo Geo Battle Coliseum yet by the way? It's worth it, especially as it has some of the World Heroes characters in it! Grin

Did you want to buy some official inserts, or download some high quality ones to get them printed professionally? Neo-Geo.com used to have some for sale, although they were a little expensive.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
merlin
Hi Kazayu and thanks for the welcome.

It's good to see you are also a World Heroes fan. I now have all four World heroes games. I really like them all but WH2 and WH perfect are my favourites. How do you think WH2 compares to WH2Jet? Athough Jet adds some good things like more speed, extra moves and new characters, I still prefer WH2. I think it's a shame they got rid of the death match mode and I think Dio is a better boss overall than Zeus.

Actually I would be grateful if you or anyone else could give me some advice about World Heroes Perfect. Even though I have played this quite a bit I have never seen Gokuu. I think I am right in saying that he is not playable in the AES/MVS version but I would still like to see him. Are there any conditions which cause him to make an appearance? I remember in Samurai Shodown 2 that certain conditions would make Kuroko appear.

Kaz I have not played Battle Colliseum because I do not have a PS2 but I did see some videos of it on Youtube and it looked impressive. How good is it? I have only recently started looking at Youtube and I found lots of neo geo stuff on it including reviews of Gowcaizer and Double Dragon.

About the inserts well perhaps I was jumping the gun a bit since I haven't bought any MVS carts yet. I will get an MVS convertor in the next few months and plan to get some carts soon as well especially Blazing Star. I would be happy to pay for inserts or download free ones but I still would prefer Japanese inserts. I always see US/Euro style inserts but maybe I am being too fussy.

candycab
Though youve been a long time visitor, welcome to the forums just the same Wink

Good to see new people posting Smile and it sounds like you defintly know youre way around the neo.

Vickz
Welcome to the forums Merlin Grin

Vickz

merlin
Hi candycab and Vickz. Thanks for the warm welcome.

By the way if anyone is able to answer my earlier question in this thread about Gokuu in World Heroes Perfect then I would be very grateful. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it here in arrivals and departures.

Anyway I am dying to know how I can see Gokuu in WHP because I have played this game a lot and have never seen him. I just wondered if he was like Kuroko in SS2 and certain conditions would make him appear.

merlin

Kazuya_UK
merlin wrote:
Hi Kazayu and thanks for the welcome.

It's good to see you are also a World Heroes fan. I now have all four World heroes games. I really like them all but WH2 and WH perfect are my favourites. How do you think WH2 compares to WH2Jet? Athough Jet adds some good things like more speed, extra moves and new characters, I still prefer WH2. I think it's a shame they got rid of the death match mode and I think Dio is a better boss overall than Zeus.

I think I prefer Jet just about (been a while since I played it, for some reason I always go back to WH1), but I do agree on the Death Matches... I loved that mode when I used to play at the arcades!

Actually I would be grateful if you or anyone else could give me some advice about World Heroes Perfect. Even though I have played this quite a bit I have never seen Gokuu. I think I am right in saying that he is not playable in the AES/MVS version but I would still like to see him. Are there any conditions which cause him to make an appearance? I remember in Samurai Shodown 2 that certain conditions would make Kuroko appear.

Sorry I meant to answer this earlier but forgot: I grabbed this off gamefaqs.com:

Fight as Zeus, Dio and Son Guko

In a 2 player VS, at the character select screen, hold B and C, and press A.

Play as Dio At the character selection screen, hold B and press up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, BC.

Play as Son Guko At the character selection screen, hold C and press up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, B + C.

Fight as Zeus In a 2 player VS, at the character select screen, hold B and C, and press A.

I'm not 100% sure which one is right, and I don't know if he is only selectable in vs mode or if you can use him against the CPU.. you'll have to give it a try! I need to get WHP again, not played it in an age!

Kaz I have not played Battle Colliseum because I do not have a PS2 but I did see some videos of it on Youtube and it looked impressive. How good is it? I have only recently started looking at Youtube and I found lots of neo geo stuff on it including reviews of Gowcaizer and Double Dragon.

It's not a perfect game but it is a hell of a lot of fun. It's mainly a total blast because of the classic characters in there, but I'd really like to see a sequel. If you get the chance to play it, it's well worth your time!

About the inserts well perhaps I was jumping the gun a bit since I haven't bought any MVS carts yet. I will get an MVS convertor in the next few months and plan to get some carts soon as well especially Blazing Star. I would be happy to pay for inserts or download free ones but I still would prefer Japanese inserts. I always see US/Euro style inserts but maybe I am being too fussy.

Most people tend to make English inserts and not Japanese ones, but there are a few Japanese ones out there. My shockbox insert section is full of just English inserts really - I'm currently working on getting everything back online though since the site move. Check back here soon, and hopefully they will all be online in the next couple of weeks:

http://www.neogeo...p?cat_id=1

You could also have a look at southtown homebrew:

http://southtown-...

You can download inserts there for many games, but if you don't have a way to print them out they also do a printing service for a couple of dollars. Not sure if they send stuff to the UK though...

The only other problem would be getting some shock boxes to put your carts and the inserts into...

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
merlin
Thanks for all the advice. I will try out your tips for World Heroes Perfect.

Jump to Forum: