Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Mitch The Zombie
Thread ID: 123
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2733 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Halo 3 Footage
Mitch The Zombie
Just wondering around the lovely net and I came across this:-

looks good to me

http://www.trendp...otage.html
Edited by phry on 21. January 2007 11:36
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

phry
Thanks for the vid Mitch. Looks good, and even though I'm not the biggest Halo fan out there I look forward to see what they can do with the hardware. I'm sure they'll cook up something pretty special.

I wonder how many people will be getting Crackdown for the Halo 3 multiplayer beta? Is Crackdown supposed to be any good - or will it be a case of 'get this game free with the Halo preview'?

(btw Mitch - I edited your post to fix the link - hope that's ok)

candycab
Still equates to the same old low rent FPS in the PC realm, good for a console I supose, though personally thats no mean feat to pull off since just about every console shooter is total crap, mostly due to controllers that just arent up to the genre.

Kazuya_UK
candycab wrote:
Still equates to the same old low rent FPS in the PC realm, good for a console I supose, though personally thats no mean feat to pull off since just about every console shooter is total crap, mostly due to controllers that just arent up to the genre.

I would agree, but I always found the control in Halo 1/2 on the Xbox fine. I actually have one of those smartjoy frag things for the PS2 as well that lets you use a kb/mouse. It actually does a half decent job surprisingly.

Looks really nice anyway from what you get to see in that footage. This will definitely be a reason for me getting a 360, but I hope they actually give this one a proper ending, unlike Halo 2! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Raiken
candycab wrote:

I agree too. Halo's too overrated. The only reason I have an xbox is for the FPS games I can't get without and expensive PC. Although there are some japan only games for 360 that'll probably make me get one later.
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

candycab
This really makes me think back to a time when my buddies and I were way into Quake, Unreal and then Quake II and wishing there was a great gaming pad out that we could use in a shooter, of course that was never to be. I find it interesting that even now the damn game [ halo ] still has to aim a little for you since analog pads still cant really come close to the percision afforded bye a mouse and keyboard.

I guess some things just arent meant to be, I will say its nbothing like the sick joke the the Dual Shock is though, thats one of the best analog controllers to date imho but certianly not for the FPS genre.

Mitch The Zombie
Oooooh aint we a little bit o FPT Fascists eh? Wink

No I get what you mean tho, I didn't like first Halo at all. I thought it was well over rated......but I then played Halo 2, what can I say I was hooked big time.

I went back and played the first one and now halo 3 & Dead Rising are the only reasons I'll buy a 360.........so far.
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

phry
Although I have to agree that kb/mouse combo is best for first-person shooters, imo joypads don't really ruin a FPS game if the controls are implemented well. This probably is more the case in console exclusive FPS games such as Halo, which got the senstivity right and Timesplitters which has the Goldeneye-esque moving crosshair.

I thought that the first Halo game wasn't as good as many say. It started off well but let it down from the halfway point onwards with some very repetitve level design. Halo 2 is a great game but to be honest, I preferred Half-Life 2. However there's no denying the high-end production values and grand scale of the Halo series and am looking forward to Halo 3, but just not as much as the majority of 360 owners out there. I'm sure that the big M will put in lots of money into it though! Wink

Besides I always thought that many of the battles in Halo seemed a bit one sided. Master Chief must be like an 8-foot tall armour plated killing machine and then he goes up against those lttle midget things in the triangular hats who spend most of their time running away! Grin
Edited by phry on 22. January 2007 19:29

Kazuya_UK
Helo 1's problem lay in the horrible stages later on where you go up against the flood, which were really boring and frustrating I thought. Up until that point I loved every second of it, but once you get past those few annoying levels it's fine again. Halo 2 is definitely better, but why they chose to end it in the way they did I'll never know... cliffhangers are fine, but they did NOT do it as well as they could have... it just left me wanting more.

Maybe that was the idea though! Pfft

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Jump to Forum: