Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Raiken
Thread ID: 1161
Thread Info
There are 30 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9097 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Megaman...9?!?!?!?!
Raiken
For those waiting for a true sequel to the Megaman series your time has come. A NES style Megaman 9 is coming out for Wii Shock

http://kotaku.com...to-wiiware
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Will
Vgmaps has already heard that news at least a week before you just started this post. Nothing critical, just thought you'd like to know. Everyone wants to know something earlier all the time. I knew the game was Wii, but not that it would be in NES style and graphics, pitiful, I prefer the graphics of the arcade games "Megaman the Power Battle" and "Megaman the Power Fighters". Hope this is the one only game that does not get a Japanese name Rockman. I really dislike the name Rockman because it doesn't suit him, he doesn't rock, neither is he a rockstar. But now he's blue, he's blasting, he's back. I hope there are many more features than the old Megaman 1-6 NES games.

Raiken
Well scuse' me :| Your entitled to your opinion but you could stand to be a little less smug about it friend.

I for one like the idea of it using the NES style graphics. I tip my hat to Inafune for sticking with the true old school Megaman.
Edited by Raiken on 28. June 2008 16:36

merlin
I think it's great that the new Megaman game will be in the style of the Nes games. I can remember spending a huge amount of time playing Megaman 2. That game is truly awesome with one of the best soundtracks heard in a Nes game. If the new game is anything like this it will be well worth looking out for.

Atomduck
this is an awesome move for Capcom! I dont even like Mega Man all that much but its also a great way to show tribute to the NES. Definatley going to get this on Wiiware along with Dr.Mario

Raiken
Come to think of it I wish more people at Capcom thought like Inafune. Capcom seems to be going the 3D route with everything these days.

Atomduck
Yeah like the new 1942 game. I think it was called 1942: Joint Strike

Goemon
Will wrote:
Vgmaps has already heard that news at least a week before you just started this post. Nothing critical, just thought you'd like to know. Everyone wants to know something earlier all the time.

lol, get out of here with your old news Raiken! Damn you're poor at news posting. Grin

*offers up a high five to Raiken* Seriously, i'm quite excited about this one, it's only that damn purchase of a Wii that's getting in my way.

I can only wonder if this is a game Capcom had already produced but ended up not releasing. I find it very interesting that they'd create a new 2d game.
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Shiny
I've been fighting the urge to buy a Wii, this just might swing it... Goddamn, I love those old rockman games. I love the look and feel of the NES games...

Atomduck
Wiis are pretty good investments with a handful of good titles like Zelda, RE4 Wii, No More Heroes and Smash Bros.

sotenga
I'm frankly stoked for a return to form at long last... none of this Battle Network nonsense! Yeah, I said it. :twisted:

In the meantime, enjoy this NES remake of Mega Man 7! http://www7.atwik...es/13.html (Click where it says ver. 0802)
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Carmen
Will wrote:
Hope this is the one only game that does not get a Japanese name Rockman. I really dislike the name Rockman because it doesn't suit him, he doesn't rock, neither is he a rockstar.

Roll Eyes

Atomduck
Kenji Inafune dissagrees...

sotenga
Trailer time! http://youtube.co...YIis8GbgwM

Welp, this is nothing lacking in the awesome department from what little has been shown. Grin

Goemon
^ Fuck yeah! That's probably the best reason to buy a Wii yet, besides Mario Galaxy as far as i'm concerned.

Can folks outside of Japan purchase Japanese NES games on Wii anyways?
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Raiken
Holy crap this game looks good Shock It really is a return to form.

Midian
That looks pretty sweet.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

The eccentric cat
I really hope it has features other than the NES graphics...

I mean, you might as well make Contra 5 with NES graphics Roll Eyes.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

sotenga
The eccentric cat wrote:I mean, you might as well make Contra 5 with NES graphics Roll Eyes.

... you, sir, are a bonafide genius. Grin

Will
Raiken wrote:
Well scuse' me :| Your entitled to your opinion but you could stand to be a little less smug about it friend.

I for one like the idea of it using the NES style graphics. I tip my hat to Inafune for sticking with the true old school Megaman.

I never said I hated NES graphics, I'm perfecty content with the old graphics otherwise I'd never continuously make maps of them. I did maps of Megaman Board the monopoly game and I made no comment. I only said I preferred the Arcade graphics. I have absolutely no object to older graphics, but I have this opinion that may surprise you:

To me manga, comic style and chibi are all wrong and not very good, but when you put them togetherand mix them, they become right and excellent quality. Legendary Frog made such graphics. Try blending NES, SNES and GBA graphics all together and see what artwork you can come up with.

Jump to Forum: