Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NEO GEO DRAGON
Thread ID: 116
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3752 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
How come the AES is so light!!
NEO GEO DRAGON
The AES does not weigh alot. Abit odd don't you think. When I first got one over a year ago, I thought there was something missing inside!!

candycab
There just isnt much inside t weigh anyting, good pics here if youve never seen the inside of an AES

http://consolesce...98599dde6e

In reality most consoles internal parts weigh less than the plastic shell they are contained in, except for CD or DVD based systems of course.
Edited by candycab on 19. January 2007 20:31

Raiken
The console is light but the cartridges are heavy Smile
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

candycab
Raiken wrote:
The console is light but the cartridges are heavy Smile

LoL never thought of that LOL

Kazuya_UK
Good point Raiken Smile

Candycab is right, I suppose it is light when you think of it compared to many other systems, but these days we are used to having consoles that are so heavy that they leave a crater in the ground if you drop them Wink. I will say one thing though, take the hard drive out of the Xbox, and you probably just about half the weight of it.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Raiken
Yeah even as small as the wii is, it still weighs more then the aes.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

cthulhu
All of my older consoles don't weigh a lot (AES, Megadrive, NES, Master System II), except for the Mega CD because it's a CD based system.
The first thing I thought when I bought an AES was why the console and cartridges make so much noise when shaken a bit...it sounds as if they come apart if you shake them too much (none of my other consoles make that much noise when shaken).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

HexElf
I heard that it was made with a lot of extra space inside so that it wouldn't overheat, by having a lot of space for the air to circulate around you know? That way the console would be a lot larger than the frame would have you initially suspect.

It is something of a problem though, since it's so light my AES won't stick very reliably to any surface. Yank at the controller a bit and it would come crashing down. Luckily I set up a small barrier around it just in case.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Kazuya_UK
HexElf wrote:
I heard that it was made with a lot of extra space inside so that it wouldn't overheat, by having a lot of space for the air to circulate around you know? That way the console would be a lot larger than the frame would have you initially suspect.

It is something of a problem though, since it's so light my AES won't stick very reliably to any surface. Yank at the controller a bit and it would come crashing down. Luckily I set up a small barrier around it just in case.

That's a good idea... I managed to yank my PS2 off the shelf once... wasn't pretty and it has to be fixed! Not one of the smartest things i have ever done. On that note, has anyone noticed that newer PS2 consoles/pads seem to not be quite so tight when you plug them in, and if you do knock them the connections just comes straight out? It might just be my imagination, but it's as if they did that on purpose to stop clumsy people like me from having accidents! :sweat:

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
cthulhu
Kazuya_UK wrote:
[quote]That's a good idea... I managed to yank my PS2 off the shelf once... wasn't pretty and it has to be fixed! Not one of the smartest things i have ever done. On that note, has anyone noticed that newer PS2 consoles/pads seem to not be quite so tight when you plug them in, and if you do knock them the connections just comes straight out? It might just be my imagination, but it's as if they did that on purpose to stop clumsy people like me from having accidents! :sweat:

Kaz

Probably, becaused it saved me a lot of times when I accidently pull the controller hard...which happens when I forget I'm holding a controller...which sadly happens quite often.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

HexElf
Yeah I noticed that too, it's especially noticable on the PStwo (the smaller version) but I can't even begin to imagine what the people at Nintendo are going through now that the Wii is out; that thing is just insanely accident prone!
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Jump to Forum: