Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Zakatek
Thread ID: 1155
Thread Info
There are 54 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 16430 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King Of Fighters 98 UM
Kazuya_UK
I finally got my KOF '98 UM as well as my PS2 back, so been playing a bit of the game. With the right options selected I was surprised at how decent the game looks on a hi-def set. Yes it's blurry but it doesn't look too bad at all and far better than other 2D stuff I have seen. Love or hate the 3D backgrounds, I have to say the 3D ones look a bit better on my Samsung than the 2D ones, and to be honest I like them anyway... it's not the kind of the 3D that looks out of place or intrusive imho.

Will play some more of it this weekend I think! Also have a review of the game by Raiken that I really need to post along with some other stuff too! Grin

Kaz

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
sotenga
Man, the American release is currently slated as Q1 2009. Baaaaad. :(
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Goemon
^...pathetic. Atleast it's being ported at all though. Stuff like this is the reason that i'm thinking of importing a Japanese 360.

Kazuya_UK wrote:
With the right options selected I was surprised at how decent the game looks on a hi-def set. Yes it's blurry but it doesn't look too bad at all and far better than other 2D stuff I have seen. Love or hate the 3D backgrounds, I have to say the 3D ones look a bit better on my Samsung than the 2D ones, and to be honest I like them anyway... it's not the kind of the 3D that looks out of place or intrusive imho.

I agree, i think they did an excellent job with sheer amount of display options available. I'm loving the new quality of the music as well. It's as if they covered the original sound track with live instrumentation from some bad ass rock band.

The only thing that doesn't feel right to me is just how excessively good Eiji is, maybe i just suck with everyone else and i don' know it, but.... damn. He's a beast;i feel like a jerk using him.
Edited by Goemon on 13. July 2008 01:34
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

sotenga
You guys are all importing the Japanese version, right? How much of a pain is it to import PS2 titles? From what I gather, it's a process that really... really... REALLY blows monkey wang. Angry

Zakatek
You can easily import Japanese games from www.play-asia.com KOF 98 UM is the first game that i imported. All you need to do is order and wait. I got mine in 10 days. You can get it faster but it costs much.

Carmen
sotenga wrote:
You guys are all importing the Japanese version, right? How much of a pain is it to import PS2 titles? From what I gather, it's a process that really... really... REALLY blows monkey wang. Angry

Its actually quite easy... Play-asia is the best, but there are several stores online (some more reputable then others though!) and eBay as well Pfft I'd say I buy 90% of my games Japanese now, so its worth it Thumbs Up

Midian
Play-Asia is great. Me and my friend order there a lot and even though the shipments costs are pretty high, the games are much cheaper there.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

THX-1138
I imported Mark Of The Wolves on the Dreamcast from them a while back, no problems. I intend to get the Japanese version of Metal Slug 7 from them as well.

sotenga
I was thinking more along the lines of making my PS2 capable of playing Japanese games... how the hell is that probable in a way that doesn't require me to posthumously void its own warranty?

Carmen
I don't know if warrenties for PS2 are still active as it is... isn't it only like three years? That said the only way is probably with a slim PS2, using a stop or something to keep the lid from closing so you can insert/take out a boot disc during a play. Outside of that its one way or another of modding your system... I'm not expert unfortunetly :redface:

AES_Collector
What PS2 controller are you guys using to play the PS2 Neo-Gep ports? Regular Dualshock2 or the PS2 Neo-Geo stick or something else?

Which one is the optimal controller?
Neo-Geo is pure bliss!

Carmen
I use an N*G stick... I can't play (most) fighters with a pad anymore. But I do have that Neo Pad 2 lying around... and I used to have some really cool Logitech controller that unfortunetly BROKE. :(

Zakatek
I'm using my old psx controller with no analog for fighting games. It still works perfectly. I play with it very good but an arcade stick would be better. I'm thinking to buy one.

Powerwave
i have on of those arcade sticks that works for ps2,3 and pc, its pretty good but does take some getting used to nothing beats the neo geo stick

Jump to Forum: