Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 1144
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3377 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Soccer, errr..... Football
boogiepop
Let me start by saying that I somewhat despise the collective viewing of sports by any large group of people and feel the whole thing is rather stupid and time wasting. With that out of the way, I watched my first football match ever today, the one between Germany and Portugal, and found it fairly interesting. Unlike many American sports, the whole thing is done in a relatively short amount of time and there is generally no pause in the action. For the first hour or so, the time just seemed to fly by. It helped a lot that a buddy was by, sharing a couple beers (who is very Portuguese, my home town being about 80% Port.). After that, I got kinda bored and was eager for the whole thing to end but all in all, not bad.

So what is this thread about? I don't know. I'm was bored and felt like talking about a little experience I had today. I guess I can see why people get into it but I personally wouldn't want to watch another game anytime soon.

So, how big of a nut are you guys about the sport and... well... why??? I guess that's where this is going. Maybe.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

priest
Right now I hate the sport, since Sweden managed to fuck up EURO 2008 :evil: Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Carmen
Its the only sport I can watch and remain interested in the whole game. I used to be REALLY into it, but I've kinda stopped watching all sport lately.

I still cheer on my club, Man City, every Premiership though Pfft

rbelmonte171
I was born and raised watching soccer ( being Brazilian ) and i love it all the way.......too bad Brazil isn't doing so good now a days ..

Kazuya_UK
Well I think most people around here know how much of a hardcore Liverpool fan I am, have been since I was 5. I am also a huge fan of the sport in general though, I watch lots of non Liverpool matches and always appreciate a good match, and in a way the Euro 2008 tournamanet has been very entertaining... other than the football being generally very good, I've not had to worry about ENgland being mediocre at best! Wink

Football is the only sport that really keeps me interested for an entire match. I kind of like Rugby and Cricket too, but I could never watch an entire match, although I do enjoy playing Cricket. I played football constantly as a kid, collected sticker albums, card collections, shirts and more. I think I got into football because of my dad and my brother... and although my dad supported our home town club, my bro somehow managed to get me into watching Liverpool matches because he is a fan, and it snowballed from there.

Nice to know that you support the good team from Manchester Carmen Wink

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
boogiepop
I knew I'd get a response very quickly from you Kaz! Wink
By the way, what's up with the goofy faces when falling and "oh god, the PAIN!" acts as the players roll on the ground only to jump up five seconds later and jump around like they were given a new pair of legs? :eh: My buddy said they should start implementing a pink card for girly boys. LOL
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Midian
boogiepop wrote:
I knew I'd get a response very quickly from you Kaz! Wink
By the way, what's up with the goofy faces when falling and "oh god, the PAIN!" acts as the players roll on the ground only to jump up five seconds later and jump around like they were given a new pair of legs? :eh: My buddy said they should start implementing a pink card for girly boys. LOL

They use Holy Water or something. Pfft
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Shiny
I don't understand the whole soccer thing either... For me it's kinda like baseball in that I find it hard to both watch a game and stay awake at the same time. Maybe I'm just shit at multitasking. I pray for the day they stop showing it in pubs. Or at least leave the jukebox on... I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't on every single fucking day.

I do, however, thoroughly enjoy US football. Go figure.

What do you think Dennis Pennis?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4YBwDjASo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuOowMFAEM[/youtube]
Edited by Shiny on 20. June 2008 13:44

Zakatek
I used to love football but i lost my interest. I still enjoy watching Turkey's Euro 2008 matches. I hope they make a good job this evening.

Kazuya_UK
lol Dennis Pennis was great, but Mike Strutter (yea mother fuckers! Wink) is better. But that's a subject for an entirely different thread! Grin

Kaz

Throwen
Well, I see that football is not as popular in the US as it is in europe, but it has just started for you guys over there. Mostly, the Home country and the single Clubs need to build up some kind of Football History, so you can really get into it. American football (not the NFL Smile) has a bright future, as you have got many young talents.

If every country in the world could send some teams into the UEFA Champions League (I guess then it wouldn't be the UEFA anymore Pfft), every country would be going crazy for football!

And the time pub's stop showing football will be the time when Stalin shows up again at the age of 150 and start conquering the world with Kamehameha Shots. LOL

PS.:..i'm crazy about football...
hosting06.imagecross.com/image-hosting-11/7338AvatarBasara.jpeg

Kazuya_UK
Throwen wrote:And the time pub's stop showing football will be the time when Stalin shows up again at the age of 150 and start conquering the world with Kamehameha Shots. LOL

PS.:..i'm crazy about football...

Or the time when Kaz says "I don't like Samurai Shodown 2 anymore". A dark day indeed Wink

Kaz

Throwen
^^true, lol

Shiny wrote:
I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't on every single fucking day.

And that's why I'm jealous of you Brits, football every day Angry

Carmen
Zakatek wrote:
I used to love football but i lost my interest. I still enjoy watching Turkey's Euro 2008 matches. I hope they make a good job this evening.

I used to listen to Turkish Super League on the radio, go Besiktas Grin

Zakatek
I was a Beşiktaş fan when i was child.

Raiken
Football?! This isn't football LOL Real football is crazed lunatics hocked up on steroids fighting to the death over a pig skin.

j/k In all seriousness I could give two shits about sports. I would sometimes watch my home state's baseball team on TV but otherwise I have very little interest that stuff. This is probably cause my view of the whole American sports scene in general is pretty low. Maybe if I lived on the other side of the pond I'd have more interest in sports.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Throwen
Raiken wrote:
Maybe if I lived on the other side of the pond I'd have more interest in sports.

You would be a lunatic nervous wreck, but still loving it Pfft LOL

THX-1138
We love it because it's the beautiful game. Grin

Jump to Forum: