Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 1138
Thread Info
There are 29 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6911 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New wave of HRAPs
boogiepop
Check this out if you've been looking for a new stick lately. I can't believe they finally made an equivalent to the Japanese HRAP2. Awesome news all around. Smile
http://sdtekken.c...ick-mania/
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Shiny
Sweet. I love Hori sticks. Grin

Zakatek
I never tried hori sticks. I never used Japanese style arcade stick. Is it hard to get used to it? The stick i got used to is the ones on mas arcade stick. http://www.massys...Stick.html
But i don't like the button line up of this stick. Hori's button line up looks ok for me. Do you suggest me to Buy a hori fighting stick (cheaper) for ps2?

Shiny
Zakatek wrote:
I never tried hori sticks. I never used Japanese style arcade stick. Is it hard to get used to it? The stick i got used to is the ones on mas arcade stick. http://www.massys...Stick.html
But i don't like the button line up of this stick. Hori's button line up looks ok for me. Do you suggest me to Buy a hori fighting stick (cheaper) for ps2?

Although I do love Hori sticks, I'd recommend getting one of Sega's Virtua Sticks for they are nothing short of awesome. I use a modded Saturn Virtua Stick with my Xbox and I have no complaints at all.

Of course, you could always buy both... Wink Either would be superior to the Mas sticks.

Carmen
Shock You can play on an American stick? Crazy, I think those things are impossible to use.

cthulhu
Zakatek wrote:

If you're used to Neo Geo AES sticks or Arcade control panels, I would really recommend you buy a Hori stick. I have the Hori Arcana Heart Real Arcade Pro Stick and I use if for my PS2 and PC, it's like playing on a Japanese Candy Cab. They're especially good when using them to play fighting games as they're really responsive and you can accurately perform the most difficult moves which are basically impossible to pull off on a PS2 joypad or even an American or European stick (which I believe don't have microswitches like the AES and Hori sticks).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Raiken
They make pretty damn good sticks. I have 2 original HRAP's and a Fighting Stick 2.
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

Zakatek
I've never used neo geo or hori stick before. Ive been using American style sticks for 12 years. I have a hand made arcade stick which is made by using the parts i bought from arcade but i can only use it for pc. I want a good arcade stick for ps2 i think hori fighting stick 2 would be a good choice. I think i can get used to it.

Eggy
can't you just screw off the balltop of the hori stick and replace it with an american-style balltop? that should work too(if it is possible to remove the balltop from a hori-stick)!
card.mygamercard.net/DE/DerWahreEGGY.png

zockerseele.de.tl
Zakatek
It's not only the ball top, hori sticks have square movement and American sticks have circle.

cthulhu
Zakatek wrote:
It's not only the ball top, hori sticks have square movement and American sticks have circle.

Ball tops can be removed from a HRAP, because Hori uses real Sanwa arcade buttons and sticks. The only thing would be the size of the screw thread. By the way, the Japanese sticks are either 4 or 8 way sticks, some American/ European sticks are 360 degree and some are 4 or 8 way. probably the one in your joystick is a 360 degree stick, maybe you can change it with a Happ competition 8 way stick?
My arcade stuff

boogiepop
cthulhu wrote:
Ball tops can be removed from a HRAP, because Hori uses real Sanwa arcade buttons and sticks.

They use Sanwa sticks but Hori buttons. On that link I gave you can find the part details.
The only one I've heard of that uses 100% Sanwa is the Japanese, green colored HRAP2.

cthulhu
boogiepop wrote:
They use Sanwa sticks but Hori buttons. On that link I gave you can find the part details.
The only one I've heard of that uses 100% Sanwa is the Japanese, green colored HRAP2.

I didn't know that, maybe that's the reason why my Seimitsu/ Sanwa sticks have a bit smaller move radius, which make them a bit more responsive and faster than my Arcana Heart HRAP (you don't have to push the Seimitsu and Sanwa sticks as far to the side as the Hori sticks...Hori sticks still play great though).
My arcade stuff

boogiepop
Yeah, I've abused my HRAP pretty bad and the thing still works like a charm. I have no complaints about them whatsoever. I'm actually going to pre-order one of the EX ones, which will be a first since I've never pre-ordered gaming merchandise before.

broken harbours
a wise choice if i may say so, sir. i own two hori's (fighting stick 2 & the gamecube soul calibur 2 stick) and they were worth every penny. while the hrap looks much better, mine have stood up to a fair amount of hardcore use despite being so compact. Grin

LIFE_IN_2D
I've always wanted one of these Hori sticks but I never could bring myself to pay over $200 (with S&H) for one arcade stick. For those who own a Hori stick... how is it really worth it? With that price I would hope not to EVER worry about it breaking. These sticks must be solid.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 25. June 2008 17:02
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I've always wanted one of these Hori sticks but I never could bring myself to pay over $200 (with S&H) for one arcade stick. For those who own a Hori stick... how is it really worth it? With that price I would hope not to EVER worry about it breaking. These sticks must be solid.

Imagine playing on a Playstation 1 or 2 with the controls of a Japanese arcade cabinet and having the same reliability. Wouldn't that be worth it all? If I compare my Arcana Heart Hori stick with the Seimitsu control panel on my New Astro City, I can say that these Hori sticks (almost) have the same feel to them as a candy cab. Yes, they are big and expensive, but it's worth it because of the comfort it brings when playing arcade games on a console or emulator (I also use the stick on my laptop). Also I can't imagine it breaking down anytime soon, because quality parts are used in producing these sticks. Yes, I'm really happy I bought it a little while ago.
My arcade stuff

Wild Tengu
Hahahaha, you have the Arcana Heart stick? You are a REAL man. XD

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
cthulhu
Wild Tengu wrote:
Hahahaha, you have the Arcana Heart stick? You are a REAL man. XD

Yeah, it's a nice and manly pink stick, just the way I like 'em.
I loved the game so I bought it on the PS2 with the matching stick...at least the ball top and buttons are blue...the graphics on the panel are very nice, even though it's all done in a very extremely, overtly, manly pink.
My arcade stuff

Wild Tengu
I use Kamui and Mei Fang has my mains in Arcana Heart, but I honestly hate the rest of the cast, buncha loli's. Meh. The fact I have nobody to play with is also a downer.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
Jump to Forum: