Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: John Crawley
Thread ID: 1025
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4310 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Captain Commando!
John Crawley
img291.imageshack.us/img291/3847/clubbannerbl5.jpg

I had never heard of Captain Commando prior to 1998, or at least part of 1997. The first time I had heard of him was when I read a text file of the manual for the original Mega Man on some website, where he was thanking the customer for buying the game, then later on, I discovered that he had his own game, and that he was going to be in Marvel Vs. Capcom. I as getting interested in this character slowly, but one day, I found a ROM of the SNES version of his game, and I thought it was great, and I never got to play the arcade version until 2000. Captain Commando is one of Capcom's best characters, and he needs a comeback. He's just that awesome. Everything about him. And as crazy as this sounds, I actually think it'd make a great live action film, with Thomas Jane portraying him. Oh, and I made the pic above, so don't use it without asking. Smile

GOSSIP: One rumor going around is that one of Captain Commando's inspirations was the cult 1984 film "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension", but Capcom is yet to confirm whether or not this is true.
Edited by John Crawley on 05. May 2008 00:31

cthulhu
Still a very nice game which I've known for ages now...it's where Capcom got it's name from.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Kurisu
Yeah, great little game. It's on the PS2 Capcom Collection Vol 2. I think you may find though that Capcom comes from the original name of the company "Japan Capsule Computers" and not Captain Commando.
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

cthulhu
Kurisu wrote:
Yeah, great little game. It's on the PS2 Capcom Collection Vol 2. I think you may find though that Capcom comes from the original name of the company "Japan Capsule Computers" and not Captain Commando.

Yep, I was wrong...it probably should be the other way around...since Captain Commando was their original mascot he was therefore named Captain Commando???
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Kurisu
I think you're right. The names must be connected somehow. The only reason I know is that I have been reading the book Apollo 13 and the guy in mission control who talks to the crew is called CAPCOM (CAPsule COMmunicator). That got me researching "our" Capcom.
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

Powerwave
im a huge fan of that game Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

LIFE_IN_2D
Haha I love this game. This game is really stange and campy and I can see why it would have drawn inspiration from Buckaroo Banzai, which is a starnge campy film that I've loved since I was a kid. I've never heard that rumor before.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

sotenga
Baby Head owns the lot of you. LOL
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Kazuya_UK
Back in the day, this was one of the many beat 'em ups a I played loads, and I love it to death still. It's not my fave but it still has a lot of charm, and plays great.

I think I suddenly have the urge to dig out a rom and play it... some multiplayer via kaillera if it works well enough would be good! Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Jump to Forum: