Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1010
Thread Info
There are 30 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 18981 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Art of Fighting - Game of the Week
Will
I know this may sound a crazy and unlikely answer to the AOF storyline glitch but here goes:

King, Ryo, Robert, Takuma and Yuri went time travelling in a time machine. Now don't dismiss this idea so quickly. I know time travel is supposed to be only relevant to World Heroes but Joe Higashi went in the time machine and so did his 1 year younger brother Shura. I personally would doubt this kind of answer but if anyone knows why everyone in AOF more or less the same age in KOF, SNK and Takara would otherwise they just put them there like that for the sake of keeping them that way because of the popularity for playing those characters in KOF's predacessors.

Powerwave
maybe theres no real aging process

cthulhu
Although it's pretty dated I still think it's a nice game. The music is very nice and the graphics, considering the game's age, are pretty good, sprites are huge and quite detailed. I however do not like the gameplay, because it's hard to pull off some moves and the hard kick/ punch with the C button feels really awkward to me.
Not the best game around, but still a modest classic.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
Hmmm ok this may be a sin but i've never played the first AOF . I've heard things about the game, mostly negative, mostly about the controls being horrible (leading to the game being REALLY frustrating), so this really turned me off to trying it. I suppose I just spent all my time playing the fatal fury games that I honestly forgot about this game and never tried it due me hearing bad things about it. Maybe now that I have a little bit more time I will check out this game and repost.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

KenjiroFujiwara
Ah! Remembering AOF1 was what actually brought my attention to the existance of the Neo Geo and SNK. Before that I only ever knew SF2 which I'd played massively. My first impression was that Ryo looked a little like a Ryu and Ken rip off and laughed it off. Later while observing some good players having a go, I realised that the gameplay was completely different to SF2. Strangely, I never had the compulsion to try it at the time and actually played FF2 as my initiation rite into SNK. Later on I really got into AOF2 and used Robert then Ryo and Takuma. From there I first used the Mexico team in KOF'94

Ah....nostalgia!! (Natsukashii desu!) Maybe I'm just getting old

Hammermatt
Well, i would have loved the second game, but you kick at a rapid fire rate that makes the game seem less fun

Will
It's been over a week since the next game of the week. What's the hold up? Is there any knowing what game will come next this week or some week? If I don't get an answer, I can take the surprise, I'm too busy mapping Megaman Battle Network at the moment.

LIFE_IN_2D
Maybe "Game of the Week" should change to "Game of the Month" Pfft. Anyways, I suggest that we should vote for the game again. If we do vote, I'd like to nominate Nightmare In the Dark.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 22. May 2008 20:13
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

pollux
I played this a few times in the arcade. My first impressions were that the graphics were amazing, especially the HUGE characters, and that it was really hard.

I never bought it or any other AOF for my AES. Though I liked them, I didn't like them that much. I did, however, buy the anthology that recently came out on the PS2. And yep, it's still frustratingly hard, mostly due to poor controls.

Throwen
Actually I played Fatal Fury and KoF first, seeing this AoF Team, who I couldn't really relate to. That's how I heard of AoF first, I really like the Characters and the Story, although the Gameplay and controls are not really my fav, what is really sad Smile
hosting06.imagecross.com/image-hosting-11/7338AvatarBasara.jpeg

Jump to Forum: