Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 101
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3493 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Subscribe to the newsletter
Kazuya_UK
I have mentioned this in the news, but for those that missed it I thought I'd mention it again. We have a newsletter that all members can subscribe to, and it goes out every Friday evening. It will be very similar to the Friday updates I used to do a while ago on the old site, which was a summary of the past weeks news so people catch up on everything that happened. I decided that instead of posting it on the main site, that I would send out an email to all those who want it. I will also add certain things to the newsletter that you won't find on the main site, so it is worth subscribing! Smile

To subscribe, look to your left and you should see a "subscribe" button below the random game screenshot (provided you are registered). Bear in mind you can remove/re-add yourself at any time by clicking the same button again. Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Circa2113
Thanks for the reminder, I just subscribed.

Kazuya_UK
Thanks man, I'm really hoping to get as many people subscribed as possible. I'll really put some time into it and make it more than just a weekly news summary if enough people subscribe - it's still handy to have though, it's nice to get the past weeks SNK news (mixed in with a few other tidbits) to your inbox Smile

Kaz

Circa2113
Got the newsletter this morning, pretty cool! Smile

Kazuya_UK
Circa2113 wrote:
Got the newsletter this morning, pretty cool! Smile

Thanks man, it was rushed a bit and obviously at the moment news is a little thin on the ground so it's hard to find much to put in there. I also need to get more people to subscribe - the amount of subscribed people has slowly gone up, but the more people that get the mailout, the new inclined I'll be to work on it. I'll carry on for now, and keep mentioning it in the news.

Any thoughts on whether or not I should do it in html? I might give that a try next week and see what people think.

Kaz

Circa2113
HTML would be good just to make it a look cleaner and more organized. It is fine now, but it would most likely be a nice improvement.

Kazuya_UK
I'll give it a go this Friday and people can tell me what they think Smile

Kaz

Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:

Kaz

Just curious if this was sent out? I was looking forward to seeing what you did with it last week. Wink

candycab
Upon pushing the subscription button it just kicked me into the main forum directory, no mention of being subscribed to anything etc.

Is it supposed to work this way or is something broken ?
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
Circa2113 wrote:
Kazuya_UK wrote:

Kaz

Just curious if this was sent out? I was looking forward to seeing what you did with it last week. Wink

Sorry about that - my PC crapped out last week, I made a post about it on the forum and in the news... basically the graphics card died and I also had problems with some new RAM I purchased, so I had to find out an old spare card that I had lying about. At the moment I am running a crappy 64MB Geforce 4 until I get my new one! Grin

With all the trouble I had with that I forgot about the newsletter. I'll definitely be getting one out this week though, and trying it out in HTML. Sorry about the delay!

Candycab: if you check the newsletter panel on the left it should now say "unsubscribe" instead of "subscribe". I checked the admin and you are definitely on the list Smile

Kaz

Kazuya_UK
Newsletter just went out... hope it works ok for all of you! Any comments or suggestions let me know, and if you haven't subscribed yet then give it a try! Thumbs Up (the subscribe panel is located to your left)

Kaz

Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Newsletter just went out... hope it works ok for all of you! Any comments or suggestions let me know, and if you haven't subscribed yet then give it a try! Thumbs Up (the subscribe panel is located to your left)

Kaz

Looks great this week Kaz, definitely stick with HTML. Thumbs Up

Kazuya_UK
Good to know it worked ok! Did you think the font was too small or was it ok as it was? It does seem to display better in some email clients then in others, but I'll try and mess with it a little bit to get it looking perfect. This was only the first one I had tried with html anyway, I'm just glad it worked ok!

I'm thinking that maybe I should try and make the newsletter match the theme of the main site? I might give that a try in the next one, and perhaps send a couple of versions of the same newsletter so people can decide on which one they like the most.

Kaz

phry
Newsletter in html looks good and displays well from what I can see (yahoo on Firefox). It'd look better if designed in the same theme as the site but it's much more important that it works in everyone's email browser first.

Looking forward to hearing some more on the Neo4Life-wiki project. Grin

Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Good to know it worked ok! Did you think the font was too small or was it ok as it was? It does seem to display better in some email clients then in others, but I'll try and mess with it a little bit to get it looking perfect. This was only the first one I had tried with html anyway, I'm just glad it worked ok!

I'm thinking that maybe I should try and make the newsletter match the theme of the main site? I might give that a try in the next one, and perhaps send a couple of versions of the same newsletter so people can decide on which one they like the most.

Kaz

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you could make it the next poll on the site?

Kazuya_UK
Newsletter will go out tomorrow (Saturday) as I am toying about with changing the layout if I can and would like to include some KOF XII news if any has filtered through by then. Smile

Kaz

Shiny
Just read weekly update#4, sometimes it takes me ages to get around to checking my emails unless I'm actually waiting for something... Anywho, the layout works fine for me with BT Yahoo in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Looks damn cool BTW.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Kazuya_UK
Thanks Shiny, I still need to improve it a bit though imho. Thumbs Up

I just sent out #5, but to be truthful there wasn't much to put in there this week so I didn't bother with a normal update. I did however send an advanced preview of some new content I wrote, which will not be posted on the site until tomorrow. Newsletter subscribers get to see it a day early just as a way of saying thanks for subscribing - I plan on doing this more in future with reviews etc that I write, so it's a good idea to subscribe as it is free. Smile

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 24. February 2007 17:20

Jump to Forum: