Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 849
Thread Info
There are 26 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 15613 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ninja Commando Discussion
Kazuya_UK
Note: This was a previous game of the week discussion thread!

Ninja Commando:

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/game_discussion/ninja_commando/ninja_commando_flyer_small.jpg
^ Click for full version

Genre: Top Down Shoot 'em up
Meg Count: 54 MB
Players: 1 or 2 player
Released on: Home/MVS/CD

Brief Description:

Ninja Commando is a top down vertically scrolling shoot 'em up by ADK, from 1992. You get to choose from 3 different characters each with their own abilities, although it does appear that for some odd reason, they all forgot how to shoot sideways! Wink Joking aside, you must travel through different time zones to complete your mission, including Egypt and feudal Japan, as your characters get zapped into a time machine at the end of the first stage.

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_88/ncommandtitle.jpeg www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_88/ncommandintro.jpeg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_88/ncommandselect.jpeg www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_88/ncommandshot.jpeg

Review:

http://www.neogeo...page_id=93

Video:

Stage 1 - ignore the intro before the gameplay starts!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d14eRnkr5FM[/youtube]

Other media:

Music from Ninja Commando is available in the Jukebox:

Link -->
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 30. March 2008 12:01
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Atomduck
this was a pretty good game back then and still holds up to be fun today if only the sprites were smaller though, also, you can't forget those cheesy cutscenes! LOL
I wanna ride the King of Fighters Roller Coaster. :(

Boog
Ninja Commando was a very fun neo geo game and I really enjoyed playing it. Cool

merlin
Ninja Commando while not one of my personal favourites is certainly a very enjoyable game. The gameplay is simple but fun. It's nice that there is quite a bit of variety between levels. My favourite level has got to be the one with cavemen, dinosaurs and man eating plants. One thing that really impresses me in this game is the way the story unfolds between levels with some nice looking screens.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Shiny
I used to love this game! I pretty much love any decent "Mercs" style game... It's no Shock Troopers but I think it deserves a place in any Neo fan's collection. Especially as it's not exactly expensive (by Neo standards anyway). Mind you, I seem to remember my NGCD version costing more than a few pennies...

Right, I'm off to play it... Let's see how much of that love is nostalgia, and how much is deserved praise.

Oh, and welcome to NGFL Boog! Grin
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Atomduck
Boog wrote:
Ninja Commando was a very fun neo geo game and I really enjoyed playing it. Cool

Hey newcomer! welcome to the boards!

Bullet
I've seen plenty of video for it, but have yet to play it, although it does look fun, but now that I have an mvs I'll definately be picking it up at some point, but not before I get my hands on Shock Troopers.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Kazuya_UK
Well, been playing it a bit more... and it reminded me of the following things that this game taught me:

1. Ninja's cannot fire sideways

2. A Ninja has not the power to defeat a giant Sumo Wrestler

3. In Feudal Japan, throwing shuriken at a flag would make them explode

Some great lessons to be learnt there! LOL

Kaz

Boog
Atomduck wrote:
Boog wrote:

Hey newcomer! welcome to the boards!

I've been here before with a different username but I lost everything because of a virus on my laptop computer last week and I just made a new member account. Smile

Thanks for the welcome though. Grin
Edited by Boog on 19. March 2008 02:36
i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/WeskersFriend23/Pics%202/Laryx.gif

Atomduck
I see. Well i'm sorry to hear that so Let me say Welcome back!

Boog
Atomduck wrote:
I see. Well i'm sorry to hear that so Let me say Welcome back!

Thanks! it's great to be back. Grin

Kazuya_UK
Welcome back - I think I remember you actually. Shawn Carr on the old forums? If you want I can transfer your old post count here, let me know! Smile

Kaz

Boog
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Welcome back - I think I remember you actually. Shawn Carr on the old forums? If you want I can transfer your old post count here, let me know! Smile

Kaz

Thanks! Kaz I would appreciate that. Grin

Kazuya_UK
Done - added 101 posts from the old forum to your tally here, so your rank has gone up a bit Wink

Back on topic anyways... about to have another blast at it, I accidentally let the counter tick down yesterday when I was near the end and didn't complete it, so going to do it now. Can't even remember the ending properly.

Kaz

Boog
Thank You Kaz! Grin

Shiny
Kaz wrote:
Back on topic anyways... about to have another blast at it, I accidentally let the counter tick down yesterday when I was near the end and didn't complete it, so going to do it now. Can't even remember the ending properly.

But remember, it is not equal to the coming of peace. Peace in the future should be built by your hands. Wink

Kazuya_UK
Shiny wrote:
Kaz wrote:

But remember, it is not equal to the coming of peace. Peace in the future should be built by your hands. Wink

lol Smile

Well, I finished it yesterday... I defended the history from enemy! Grin

Overall I think this is a fun game, in retrospect I probably would have had a lot more fun if I had played it 16 years ago, but even then I can think of better games of a similar type. It's worth a blast, but not worth the kind of money that the carts go for... I had no idea it costed that much! Shock

Kaz

Shiny
Kaz wrote:
Well, I finished it yesterday... I defended the history from enemy! Grin

LOL LOL LOL Engrish at it's best.

Kaz went on to say:
Overall I think this is a fun game, in retrospect I probably would have had a lot more fun if I had played it 16 years ago, but even then I can think of better games of a similar type. It's worth a blast, but not worth the kind of money that the carts go for... I had no idea it costed that much! Shock

And that is probably the best review of the game anywhere.

I'm also quite shocked at the cost...

LIFE_IN_2D
I have yet to play this game. To be honest it looks kinda crappy and boring, but some games that I like now (like ShockTroopers) seemed the same before I actually played them.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Kazuya_UK
Well Shock Troopers, it goes without saying, is head and shoulders above this game. It's very old and very dated, but kinda fun in a campy way. Don't expect too much and you might have fun with it, and as I've said a few times aboce, enjoy the Engrish translation! Smile

Kaz

Jump to Forum: