3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1313
Thread Info
There are 20 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 16043 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Zupapa Discussion
Kazuya_UK
NOTE: This was a previous game of the week discussion thread!

Zupapa:

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/game_discussion/zupapa/zupapa_small_flyer.jpg
^ Click for full version

Genre: Platformer
Meg Count: 46 MB
Players: 1 or 2 player
Released on: MVS

Brief Description:

Zupapa was a game developed by FACE that was originally shown in 1994. Soon after it was shown it disappeared and was not seen properly again until 2001 when SNK decided to finally release it in the arcades. It's a cutesy single screen platformer in the same vain as Snow Bros, and also the game Nightmare in the Dark which was released on the Neo Geo previously.

Opinion amongst Neo fans over which game is better is split right down the middle it seems, but one thing is for sure: if you have a low tolerance for cuteness then you might want to skip this one and play NitD instead! Smile

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_153/zupapatitle.gif www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_153/zupapashot1.gif

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_153/zupapashot3.gif www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_153/zupapashot2.gif

Review:

Review by Kazuya_UK:

http://www.neogeo...age_id=155 (no review yet)

Videos:

In game footage:

http://www.youtub...oaJ4dDyInM

^ Above has to be a link as the author won't allow embedding.

Other media:

Music from TSS is available in the Jukebox:

Link -->
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 26. October 2008 19:32
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Atomduck
Ah! I've always wanted to play this game because it looks just like Bubble Bobble! Grin
I wanna ride the King of Fighters Roller Coaster. :(

Kazuya_UK
It is pretty cool, although I never got into it much. It's also one of the few games we don't have a review for so I think I might knock up at least a mini review and some more info/pics during the course of this week.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
SteveDave
Awesome Thumbs Up I totally forgot about Zupapa! This game was good, but I ended up with NitD LOL
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

priest
Super game Thumbs Up Makes me think about Snow bros...And that can never be a bad thing to say about any game.
img102.imageshack.us/img102/9359/lastsuppersnkhz7.gif

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

img339.imageshack.us/img339/6738/1032017122.th.jpg

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Powerwave
am yet to play this game but will be getting alot of games for my bday this being one of them so ile be able to experience it soon looks like alot of happy happy fun though

RiKo
You're a lucky man Powerwave. Will you get any other Neo Geo games?

Well - I'm afraid I also don't have this game, but it does look like it plays a lot like Bubble Bobble and Nightmare In the Dark. The guy who made that gameplay-footage video *really* f**king likes it though.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Zupapa is a really fun game. Shame it never saw a home release though. Although NitD is also very good I prefer the cutesy style of graphics in Zupapa.

LIFE_IN_2D
Alright, a new GoTW. Let's see I've never played this game before, but I am a big NiTD fan... so chances are that I will enjoy this game since NiTD fans give Zupapa high praise. I'll try and find it online and play a little through good ol' Wawaks then repost my thoughts. It's great to see a new GoTW, thanks Kaz Grin Thumbs Up .
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 20. October 2008 02:51
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Carmen
*I* didn't mind the lack of updating Kaz... TSS deserves to be game of the year LOL
"Mercy on the Earth"

Powerwave
well riko its not actualy an original cart but ile be getting one of those 48 in 1 carts one of the games being zupapa, some may frown on multicarts but its a cheaper way of experiencing the games

RiKo
Pwerwave wrote:- well riko its not actualy an original cart but ile be getting one of those 48 in 1 carts one of the games being zupapa, some may frown on multicarts but its a cheaper way of experiencing the games

I think its a good idea - saves changing cartridges too.

I just wanted to say that I really like the graphics in this game - they are cute - but they have style too! My only reservation is that in Nightmare in the Dark - I found it a bit of a hassle the way you have to shoot enemies multiple times. Over a number of a levels this can drag a bit. I notice you also have to shoot enemies a lot of times in Zupapa, so the same could be the case - though it seems to be a faster moving game than Dark.

candycab
I liked this game alot [ still do ] havent played it in a long while so I will have to break it out and burn through it again Grin

Fun game that anyone can jump in and enjoy !
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

viktorh
Very cool game! Was Zupapa! released for any other system?

LIFE_IN_2D
Ok so I played this game for the past two days and all I have to say is ... AWESOME!

Initially I was skeptical because I don't digg cutey games too much and the graphics looked really old/dated from screenshots/movies.

But once I actually played it, different story. Very complex game for it's type. I thought the creature you control (is his name "Zupapa"?) was cool and cute looking. I like the level design (especially the horror level) I like the boss design. Very fun to play with 2P .The music is pretty cool and the graphics are actually vivid and fairly good.

Overall I was very pleased with this game and it is probably as good if not better than NiTD , and I love NiTD. Zupapa! is an awesome game. Ninja Thumbs Up
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 22. October 2008 18:36
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Shiny
Great game. Though I'm prone to saying that about almost all decent Snow Bros. style games... ZuPaPa is slightly better than NitD, imo. At the very least it's more varied, and I really dig the art/style. NitD tends to get a little samey after a while, the graphics may be of a higher quality but the lack of variety really hurts it.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

arcadematt
Zupapa Is great fun. The frantic gameplay colourful graphics and excellent music. The levels are also varied everyone must give this game a credit or 2. One of my faviorite games on the system.

Powerwave
this game came through the post today and i had a quick go on it i loove the art style im always up for cutsy. the game i think is nice and funbut i don't think it would be able to keep me hooked for too long though, ile perhaps give it more of a go sometime

RiKo
BTW Powerwave - I know this is a Zupapa thread but what other games do you like your multi-game cart? Are you pleased with it?

I guess it must be on or around your birthday - so Happy Birthday! too Smile

Powerwave
thanks riko its my bday soon so i bought it for myself (hopefully bday money will pay it off), yeah im real pleased with it i bought it because i like to experience as much neo geo as i can and the games on the cart are games that i wuldnt want to spend too much money on, about 35 games are original games that play flawlessly where as the others are real shoddy bootlegs (i just ignore these)am real enjoying metal slug x alot its my fave metal slug and rage of the dragons, i think the multi cart is a great buy if you just want a wide selection of games at a good price, for all those who like complete original games perhaps not for you

Jump to Forum: