Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: THX-1138
Thread ID: 1267
Thread Info
There are 16 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3667 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Official: Samurai Shodown 2 On XBLA
THX-1138
SNK Playmore has announced that Samurai Shodown 2 will finally be available on XBLA this month, for 400 MS points, the games features are:

720p HD graphics
Online versus mode
Leaderboards
Achievments

Thumbs Up

Powerwave
cool i shall be downloading that

Kazuya_UK
Sweet mother of all that is good and pure, it's finally coming out??? Shock

I am getting it, no question, and that's a damn good price too! I do hope that it isn't censored though, green blood makes Kaz angry....! Wink

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
THX-1138
The recent Virtual Console version wasn't censored so i'd be amazed if this version was. And apparently it's out tomorow.

Kazuya_UK
Yup! I just posted some news about it (yay new updates!), and judging by the official xbox.com page for the game it does have blood. Metal Slug 3 was censored though, so you neevr know...

Going to grab it tomorrow, cannot wait! Grin

Kaz

boogiepop
Sounds cool! I'd be interested in seeing some vids of you guys playing. Smile
If there's an option to turn off flash and it's small enough to fit on my memory card, I might consider buying it too.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Carmen
Hmm... do some of you guys want to do a few practice matches over 2DF before grabbing it (shameless plug! Roll Eyes )
Edited by Carmen on 09. September 2008 22:57
"Mercy on the Earth"

SteveDave
Holy crap, I will have to borrow a 360 until I can buy one...this is just too cool. (SS2 coming to XBLA is cool, not me having to borrow a 360 Thumbs Down )
Edited by SteveDave on 10. September 2008 06:27
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

Kazuya_UK
Fuckers...

http://www.xbox.c...ivearcade/

It's listed on the official site at 800 points now, not the 400 that had been advertised everywhere (including that very page). Lo and behold, marketplace is showing that price when I checked just now. I'll still buy it, but not too impressed... downloading the trial as we speak before I splash the cash...

Kaz

Kazuya_UK
Well... it looks like it is officially 800 Points, which is kinda sucky. I'm gonna buy it anyway as I still think it's a fair price, but wish they hadn't advertised it wrongly, although that was probably the fault of M$ and not SNK.

Anyways, I got the trial just to see how it looked and it seems ok, just pretty much what you would expect. They have given you the choice of "enhanced" or "original" graphics mode though, and as you would expect enhanced is just the typical edge enhancement thing, and in SS2 I think it looks pretty bad (I didn't mind FFS too much). I switched back to original as it looks better on my 40" Samsung, and I can deal with the pixels.

Will try a match online too once I buy the full game in a bit.

Kaz

Kazuya_UK
I am sucking at this game a little bit because it's been a while since I played it, and because the pad isn't ideal (still don't have a stick for the 360). I tried online earlier but there wasn't a single game available, but saying that it had just come out so it wasn't surprising.

If anyone fancies a game or two, add me if you don't have me on your friends list on Live already - it's "Kazuya UK", with the space instead of an underscore like I have here Smile

Kaz

Shiny
Oh.. Your... God.

Where have I been? The greatest 2D fighter ever made on Live... And me without a 360 (still). I'm gonna see if I can't pinch someone elses system, if only to give Kaz the thrashing of a lifetime. Or possibly not. It'll damn fun trying though. Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

garu21
:( i still dont have 360
[img][/img]

Kazuya_UK
I'm not so hot at the moment Shiny so it's a good time to play me, but trying to get more practice in! Grin The pad really isn't helping me though, if I got my Neo stick working on the 360 I'd vbe faring waaaay better. I don't think I have played SS2 on anything other than a Neo old style stick for years Smile

2DF would be a good idea too though if anyone wants a blast on it? Smile

Kaz

Shiny
Yeah, the Xbox pads suck big time for 2D shenanigans. Upon obtaining another 360 purchase number 1 will be a shiny new Virtua Stick. Wink I have a modded Virtua Stick for the old Xbox, I wonder if it can be modified to work with the 360?

I don't think I can run 2DF, what with my Linux handicap...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

boogiepop
Shiny wrote:
Yeah, the Xbox pads suck big time for 2D shenanigans. Upon obtaining another 360 purchase number 1 will be a shiny new Virtua Stick. Wink I have a modded Virtua Stick for the old Xbox, I wonder if it can be modified to work with the 360?

I don't think I can run 2DF, what with my Linux handicap...

I know mods on ps2 hraps to make them work on both ps2 and 360 are possible and can give you a link to a "how to" if you want.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Jump to Forum: