3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1150
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8860 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Andro Dunos Discussion
Kazuya_UK
Note: This was a previous GotW discussion thread!

Andro Dunos:

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/game_discussion//andro_dunos/andro_dunos_flyer_thumb.jpg
^ Click for full version

Genre: Shoot 'em up
Meg Count: 34 MB
Players: 1 or 2 player
Released on: Home/MVS

Brief Description:

A very old school horizontally scrolling shoot 'em up made in 1992 by Visco Games. It won't blow your mind graphically especially if you are used to games like Pulstar and Blazing Star, but it's worth a look for fans of the genre. If you haven't tried it before, play it for half an hour and see what you think!

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_7/photo_49.jpg www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_7/photo_50.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_7/photo_51.jpg www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_7/photo_55.jpg

Review:

Negative review by Kazuya_UK:

http://www.neogeo...page_id=13

Positive review by Kurisu:

http://www.neogeo...age_id=298

Video:

Intro & Gameplay Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/xP9fYEzkk-Y[/youtube]

I recorded the above video, apologies for the slightly lame gameplay skills! Smile

Other media:

Music from the first stage of Andro Dunos is available in the Jukebox:

Link -->

Andros Dunos then... old school crap, or old school gold?
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 29. June 2008 21:49
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Atomduck
I really do like Andro Dunos. Sure it's no Blazing Star or Pulstar but it gets the job done. It' reminds me of some of the really good Genesis and PC-Engine/Turbo Grafx shooters. It's an older title, but it gives that nostalgia value to it. I do reccomend Andro Dunos a for a good few levels Smile.
I wanna ride the King of Fighters Roller Coaster. :(

Will
I've tried it and its okay for anyone. Its not at all straightforward like Zed Blade but its not as exciting as Last Resort. It has the graphic style that reminds of "Metroid" crossed with "Megaman 2 - The Power Fighters". Although there is no storyline I think this game should have been made a Megaman game except that Capcom is competitive with Neo-Geo. Imagine Megaman flying a starship shooting. I'd rate this game average. Its so easy for even a child. That game should have been improved and moved to Game Boy Advance. Wink

Midian
I checked the vid and it looks pretty good to me, will check this out.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

THX-1138
Never played it but it looks decent. The only thing is that as one of the early Neo games it would have been very expensive at the time, why would you pay $200 or 150 for this when you could get the likes of R-Type, Gradius, Super Aleste and Darius on the SNES, Mega Drive and PC Engine for much, much cheaper?

Throwen
I really like all of SNK's shoot em ups!! Andro Dunos somehow gives me this nostalgic feeling Smile
And it's really fun to play together with my Girlfriend Grin
hosting06.imagecross.com/image-hosting-11/7338AvatarBasara.jpeg

Shiny
I like Andro Dunos a lot, it reminds of PC Engine shmups. Which is a good thing. I really do like the graphics, the choice of colours is very Hudson. The only thing that lets it down is the difficulty... Any shmup fan should be able to one credit it no problem. Shmups exist for the challenge, and as charming and fun as Andro Dunos is, imo this is one area where it fails big time.

But don't get me wrong, it's great fun. While it lasts. Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

merlin
I had only played Andro Dunos briefly through emulation a long time ago and I wasn't all that impressed. The graphics seemed a bit primitive. Anyway seeing as it's now game of the week I played through the whole game a few nights back (on freeplay) and really enjoyed it.

Obviously there are better shooters on the Neo but Andro Dunos is a surpisingly enjoyable game. I still think the graphics could have been a bit better even though it's an early Neo Geo title. It's a shame this was never released on Neo Geo CD because the Japanese home cart is pretty expensive.

Kazuya_UK
Not a great turnout for this GotW then, guess not many people were interested... it's a shame really as the game is actually pretty decent. Playing it this past week hasn't really massively improved my feelings on it - I don't hate it, but I still think it's pretty average. However it's still worth trying, just a shame it costs so damn much in home cart format. The MVS version isn't too bad, but I'm willing to bet most people would prefer to stick to playing it in the various emulators and save their money for other carts Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Kurisu
Many of you will know that Andro Dunos is one of my favourite shooters of all time on any console. Similar in style to a very good MD/Genesis game (and none the worse for that). Thoroughly recommended, and the UK version can be picked up relatively cheaply.
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

Jump to Forum: