Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The Pocket Gamer
Thread ID: 5355
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1085 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
This is The Pocket Gamer
The Pocket Gamer
Hello everyone! This is crazy. I remember this website back when I was in junior high school which was around 14 or 15 years ago. I would always check out the Neo Geo pocket pictures and read the article that came with it. I had doubts about the site not being the same site I remembered, but there is one name on here that I remember perfectly and that name is, Kazuya. The website has changed over the years in the looks, but I remember this is the site that I used to go on during my recess. Now I am apart of it. I am really excited.

As for me. I am always playing Neo Geo. I have three Neo Geo Pockets and several games for it. Yes I am a collector of that beautiful system. I wish I could collect Neo Geo AES and MVS hardware, but I will have to wait on that. In the mean time, I play all my Neo Geo games on my PSP. It is essential because I am always on the go which is why I call myself the pocket gamer. It is nice to finally be apart of this forum. I am also involved with a youtube channel from time to time. The link will be below.

https://www.youtu...ileChannel
Geese

Murikov
Welcome to NGFL, bro. Thumbs Up

In the last few months this place got really quiet, so no worries if there's not much activity for the next few days or weeks. People here are still super chill and friendly, especially those who can call themselves long-time members.

A good number of faithful members also meet at the official NGFL chat session which normally takes place every first Sunday of the month at about 8:30pm UK time. Feel free to come by (I should too, I know).

Speaking of your handheld, I also used to play all Neo Geo games on my PSP, even the NGCD and NGPC ones. I even participated on our High Score Challenges with it, haha! So good times. Do you play the official PSP ports by SNKP or you have got custom firmware with emulators installed on yours?
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
Welcome Pocket Gamer. Impressive you have 3 NGPCs

Kazuya still looks in from time to time (I think!). Hope to see you about the forum
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Hi Pocket Gamer. Welcome to NGFL! Good to hear you're excited to be a member here. Hope to see you posting in the forums.

The Pocket Gamer
Murikov wrote:

Welcome to NGFL, bro. Thumbs Up

In the last few months this place got really quiet, so no worries if there's not much activity for the next few days or weeks. People here are still super chill and friendly, especially those who can call themselves long-time members.

A good number of faithful members also meet at the official NGFL chat session which normally takes place every first Sunday of the month at about 8:30pm UK time. Feel free to come by (I should too, I know).

Speaking of your handheld, I also used to play all Neo Geo games on my PSP, even the NGCD and NGPC ones. I even participated on our High Score Challenges with it, haha! So good times. Do you play the official PSP ports by SNKP or you have got custom firmware with emulators installed on yours?

I like a good chat every now and then!! I use custom firmware to play most of my neogeo games; however, I do use the ports by playmore as well. I cannot play all of the neogeo games on the psp though. I can't get some of them to work for some reason. I do not think I stand a chance in the high score challenges. I am only good at a handful of neogeo games, I'll see if they're on that high score list and I will take the challenge!!
Geese

The Pocket Gamer
RiKo wrote:

Welcome Pocket Gamer. Impressive you have 3 NGPCs

Kazuya still looks in from time to time (I think!). Hope to see you about the forum

Thank you for the welcoming! That is so cool. Kazuya has always been a mystery to me.
Geese

The Pocket Gamer
merlin wrote:

Hi Pocket Gamer. Welcome to NGFL! Good to hear you're excited to be a member here. Hope to see you posting in the forums.

Thank you, Merlin!! I will be venturing in the forums! Wink
Geese

Murikov
The Pocket Gamer wrote:
I like a good chat every now and then!! I use custom firmware to play most of my neogeo games; however, I do use the ports by playmore as well.

It was the same with me - I still have my PSP 1000 with CFW which I got back in 2004 and I played both, ports and emulators. The issue with some of the official ports (for example the KoF Orochi Saga Collection) is that the loading times are a bit annoying. Otherwise most of the official ports are fine, especially the Metal Slug Anthology. Actually, you can quite improve the loading times if you copy the ISO of your offical port on the Memory Stick. Since it boots up from there, the games load a bit faster than from the UMD.

The Pocket Gamer wrote:
I cannot play all of the neogeo games on the psp though. I can't get some of them to work for some reason.

Back then I used MVSPSP as emulator. I too remember that last official version had some issues with a couple of games, as you said. But nonetheless I think that this emulator is really good, since you can change all possible settings such as (Uni-)Bios, screen settings, controls, shortcuts, savestates, Wifi VS, screenshots et cetera. You can even install command lists for fighting games, in case you have to look up how certain moves work.

But believe it or not, some people actually did bugfixes for v2.3.2 which allow to play the more recently discovered games such as Bang Bang Busters or Last Hope. I haven't tried it out yet though.

For some of the obscure NGCD-exclusive games such as Crossed Swords II you can use NCDZPSP.

The Pocket Gamer wrote:
I do not think I stand a chance in the high score challenges. I am only good at a handful of neogeo games, I'll see if they're on that high score list and I will take the challenge!!

Some games with lots of memorizing sections such like Last Resort, Viewpoint or Pulstar are actually a blast to play for High Score Challenges. Regardless of your score or skills, they are really fun if not addicting for the time being. I still remember those long nights struggling against the third boss in Viewpoint, haha. LOL

The #1 priority in HSCs are fun and fairness, otherwise everybody is welcome to join in. Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

shion
Do you remember the Fortunecity site? Welcome.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
The Pocket Gamer
Murikov wrote:

The Pocket Gamer wrote:
I like a good chat every now and then!! I use custom firmware to play most of my neogeo games; however, I do use the ports by playmore as well.

It was the same with me - I still have my PSP 1000 with CFW which I got back in 2004 and I played both, ports and emulators. The issue with some of the official ports (for example the KoF Orochi Saga Collection) is that the loading times are a bit annoying. Otherwise most of the official ports are fine, especially the Metal Slug Anthology. Actually, you can quite improve the loading times if you copy the ISO of your offical port on the Memory Stick. Since it boots up from there, the games load a bit faster than from the UMD.

The Pocket Gamer wrote:
I cannot play all of the neogeo games on the psp though. I can't get some of them to work for some reason.

Back then I used MVSPSP as emulator. I too remember that last official version had some issues with a couple of games, as you said. But nonetheless I think that this emulator is really good, since you can change all possible settings such as (Uni-)Bios, screen settings, controls, shortcuts, savestates, Wifi VS, screenshots et cetera. You can even install command lists for fighting games, in case you have to look up how certain moves work.

But believe it or not, some people actually did bugfixes for v2.3.2 which allow to play the more recently discovered games such as Bang Bang Busters or Last Hope. I haven't tried it out yet though.

For some of the obscure NGCD-exclusive games such as Crossed Swords II you can use NCDZPSP.

The Pocket Gamer wrote:
I do not think I stand a chance in the high score challenges. I am only good at a handful of neogeo games, I'll see if they're on that high score list and I will take the challenge!!

Some games with lots of memorizing sections such like Last Resort, Viewpoint or Pulstar are actually a blast to play for High Score Challenges. Regardless of your score or skills, they are really fun if not addicting for the time being. I still remember those long nights struggling against the third boss in Viewpoint, haha. LOL

The #1 priority in HSCs are fun and fairness, otherwise everybody is welcome to join in. Thumbs Up

I am probably using the old CFW. I remember getting that thing a long time ago. Same with my neo geo pocket emulator, but I did update my NGP emulator recently because I was capturing gameplay to make videos about the NGP.

Haha!! I can never beat Last Resort. I do not even know how people beat the Metal Slug games in one go. There seems to be a lot of RNG going on.
Geese

The Pocket Gamer
shion wrote:

Do you remember the Fortunecity site? Welcome.

This site being a fortunecity website? I do not remember that. I just remember seeing Kazuya's Neogeo pocket page back in the day.
Geese

Jump to Forum: