Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 169
Thread Info
There are 22 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6950 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hot Fuzz Trailer
Kazuya_UK
http://youtube.co...7J_vYN5ZkY

Can't wait to see this film! I'm a big fan of Simon Pegg and Spaced/Shaun of the Dead, so I'm expecting this to kick ass! Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
phry
I must book tickets! Grin

Been looking forward to this flick ever since I heard a coupole of years back on IMDB Pro that Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost were doing a police action movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yy3fopuxI

Gotta love the bargain-bin joke in this teaser trailer LOL

Mitch The Zombie
Hot damn this looks like it's gonna be cool & as funny as shaun of the dead Grin Pfft Thumbs Up
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

Kazuya_UK
phry wrote:
I must book tickets! Grin

Been looking forward to this flick ever since I heard a coupole of years back on IMDB Pro that Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost were doing a police action movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yy3fopuxI

Gotta love the bargain-bin joke in this teaser trailer LOL

lmao yea, I didn't notice the DVD in it called "Zombie Party". Cover look familiar? Wink

Kaz

Shiny
Lmao! Already know it's gonna be a work of genius!

Pegg for King!
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Harv
Man I HATED Shawn of the Dead when I first saw it, but after seeing it a few more times I think it's quality. Hot Fuzz looks very funny and is a cert DVD purchase already!!
Need to get my ass into gear and check out Spaced.... Roll Eyes
img18.imageshack.us/img18/6889/10dz7yf.gif

http://www.freewebs.com/2dharv/
phry
Need to get my ass into gear and check out Spaced.... smiley

indeed you must Harv Grin. Check out the TV thread - there's loads of episode links on YouTube too.

Preview screenings of Hot Fuzz at my local cinema tomorrow are fully booked. D'oh! Shock (serves me right for not getting the booking the tickets over the weekend)

Shaun of the Dead was a great film imo because it was just as much of a zombie movie as it was a comedy, rather than being a spoof. I'm realy looking forward to seeing what they've done with the action genre. I saw a making-of when Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg were talking about Hard Boiled. I'd love to see if that film's influenced Hot Fuzz, as Hard Boiled is one of my fave action flicks.
Edited by phry on 13. February 2007 21:15

Kazuya_UK
phry wrote:as Hard Boiled is one of my fave action flicks.

Preach it brother! Hard Boiled is one of my all time faves - it's the ultimate in "get all the guys round and drink a load of beers while watching a movie" type film. Best gun based action scenes bar none, it's just wonderfully choreographed and beautiful... as far as raining bullets and blood goes anyway! LOL I can definitely see a few nods in Chow Yun Fat/John Woo's direction actually, especially the bit where he asks if he's "ever jumped through the air while firing two guns"... lol!

Yeah, harv it's definitely worth checking out Spaced. It takes a few episodes to get a feel for the characters, but when you do it's fantastic and very funny at times.

Kaz

phry
Replacement Killer I think it was called, I quite enjoyed it. How does that rate for a 'Chow' film?

[small] :redface: sorry harv - I accidently deleted your post after a mistaken attempt to quote you which was followed by an even more mistaken attempt to correct the error i had just made.
- as means of apology here's a link to the trailer for Hard Boiled and a montage of some of Yun-Fat's classic gunfight scenes. I hope you like! Grin [/small]

Hard Boiled Trailer
http://www.youtub...RQHDPk7vy8

Chow Yun-Fat montage.
WARNING! contains extreme X-rated violence and is definately NOT safe for work, school, younger family members etc.
http://www.youtub...KRz-H4j8h4

Replacement Killers is a great film and one of the better Hong-Kong star to Hollywood movies imo. The gunfights are just so over the top but very well done.

As well as Hard Boiled, I'd also recommend 'The Killer' which comes a close second in the Yun-Fat violence stakes Grin
Edited by phry on 14. February 2007 21:14

Kazuya_UK
It's a damn good film in my opinion. It probably appeals to some people more than other CYF films because it is more "westernised" and easier to appreciate because unless you have seen a lot of HK films there are some aspects that it's hard to understand. Overall though, it has some pretty kick-ass actions scenes, CYF played the role well (despite his English being poor at the time) and last but not least, it had Mira Sorvino in it! Pfft

It's not his best, but it's certainly a very entertaining film! Hard Boiled owns it in terms of raw unadulterated action though! Grin

edit: The Killer is also fantastic. Brilliant action and the story is not too bad at all, just the ending wasn't the best (I won't spoil it though).

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 14. February 2007 23:43

phry
and last but not least, it had Mira Sorvino in it!

always a good thing! Grin

Anyways, I watched Hot Fuzz last night

All I can say is that was a great movie! It's much more of a comedy than Shaun of the Dead - but then again whilst a zombie movie is quite a well-defined genre, the cop-action-buddy movie genre is less defined so they made the right choice there.

The action is gleefully OTT with a comic edge. Perhaps one scene that sums it up is when Pegg takes out a shotgun-toting old lady with a flying kick to the face! It's also pretty grisly in places when it comes to some of the death scenes.

It does slow a bit around the 1/2 to 2/3 way mark as the investigation continues (but is necessary for the plot though) but it builds up to an anarchic final act where it's time to 'clean up' the village.

a criminally funny cop movie parody that plays like Bad Boys II meets Midsomer Murders (and we mean that as a compliment) - BBC films

I think that quote from BBC sums it up quite well. Very British, quirky and most of all entertaining! I'm not sure that it'll be as much of a cult classic as Shaun of the Dead though.
Edited by phry on 17. February 2007 12:05

Mitch The Zombie
I tried to watch Hot fuzz last night, I had to stop.....it was boring the crap out of me.

I'm gonna watch the rest tonight but dam......I'm a little let dowm because I'm sutch a big fan of Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright's stuff.

I just hope it picks up.

I'm sure it will but I just lost the will to live half way through.

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.

phry
I'm gonna watch the rest tonight but dam......I'm a little let dowm because I'm sutch a big fan of Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright's stuff.

I just hope it picks up.

imo it does pick up, although I must admit that Shaun of the Dead is the superior movie. The main problem with Hot Fuzz is it's slow central act. It's like the movie is in stages, rather than a defined genre throughout.

It starts with the urban/rural culture clash, followed by the investigation/ murder mystery element followed by the action segment with the standoff in the village - which is more probably more about comic violence (so many people packing heat in the village square! LOL ) than the movies they subtlely reference but I still found it great fun to watch.

Admittedly it is a very inconsistent film but I still really enjoyed it. However, whilst Shaun was as much as zombie movie as it was a comedy - Hot Fuzz is primarily a comedy with some murder mystery and action thrown in.
Edited by phry on 19. February 2007 20:12

Mitch The Zombie
I watched the rest and I am sad to say that I still found it very boring.

I didn't care what happened to any of the characters, the action seemed silly (and I've got a warped sense of humor).

It just didn't seem to flow well at all.

I hope the next one's better, at least this flicks done well so they'll get more money to do more Grin

Spooky
Dude, you didn't like Hot Fuzz? I literally just now came back from it and thought it was hilarious. I guess you just need to watch it all the way through..

phry
Glad to hear you liked Hot Fuzz Spooky. Middle England posh country types wielding AK47's gets a thumbs up in my book!

I heard that it's only just arrived in the states (I thought that it'd been out for a little while until i saw IMDB the other day). I wonder how it's quaint 'Britishness' will do over there?

Spooky
I imagine it will do pretty well over here. I just hate how most people would rather see movies like Are We Done Yet than good stuff like GrindHouse, Children of Men, and Hot Fuzz. But yeah, Hot Fuzz was so awesome, I can't wait to see what Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg do next.

candycab
Havent seen Hot Fuzz yet .... I think its out here ?

Saw Grindhouse ... It was fun but nothing too special, pretty much what I expected overall.

I liked Shawn of the Dead enough to own so I will probably get a kick out of Hot Fuzz, but I generally hate stupid cop humor [ unless its Police Squad ] things like Reno 911 and Police Academy movies make me want to gouge my eyeballs out and shoot myself in the head with a cannon.

Since its English it will either be strange enough to be interesting or probably just suck beacuse we Americans cant really seem to understand alot of the english humor too well Wink

Im still going to check it out though Wink
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Spooky
Ironically enough, I haven't seen Shaun Of The Dead yet. I REALLY want to watch it now after seeing Hot Fuzz. As for Grindhouse, I was kind of disappointed by Death Proof. I loved Planet Terror though, so violent and awesome!

Kazuya_UK
There's only a bad quality cam of Hot Fuzz out there right now if you wanted to leech it, but I really would say go and see it at the cinema because it is well worth it. I loved the movie, and I'm actually really surprised that Mitch didn't enjoy it - you sure it wasn't to do with watching a bad copy of it dude?

Not seen Shaun yet? If you liked the humour in Hot Fuzz and enjoy zombie films, you will more than likely love it! Smile

Kaz

Jump to Forum: