Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: cthulhu
Thread ID: 1562
Thread Info
There are 36 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 54375 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Tattoos anyone???
cthulhu
priest wrote:
Chtulhu: I like that tattoo although I cant say that Im familiar wit the Devilman anime and stuff.

Originally it was a Manga series from the 70s, it also had a Anime at the same time which wasn't as violent as the Manga. It's drawn and writting by Go Nagai, the same artist who came up with Mazinger Z and Cutey Honey. After all these years, you can still find a lot of Devilman stuff in shops in Japan...luckily for me.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

stillbirth_machine
I'm totally covered and a tattoo artist myself Grin Yes, I work in a proper, professional and clean studio. NOT a shitty home scratcher or bikey run studio!

Midian
Well show us some pics then, I'm interested.

And can I get a free sleeve? Pfft
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

stillbirth_machine
I would trade a sleeve for several AES carts Grin Here's a few as I'm very lazy with taking photos Grin I'm really into Old School/New School and biomech, which I never get to do... Hate doing tribal!
img32.imageshack.us/img32/7013/15459176582953343548068.jpg
img32.imageshack.us/img32/7187/14667160589153343548068.jpg
img197.imageshack.us/img197/6250/14667160610028343548068.jpg
img32.imageshack.us/img32/8034/14667160032668343548068.jpg
img686.imageshack.us/img686/5827/14667160032663343548068.jpg
img39.imageshack.us/img39/8144/14667160032673343548068.jpg
Edited by stillbirth_machine on 29. November 2009 11:50

cthulhu
Last Saturday I went for an appointment for a new tattoo...this time it's Jinmen from the Devilman Manga on my upper leg. Still a work in progress...next appointment is for Thursday next week.
Result from the first session:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/Jinmen.jpg
My arcade stuff

RiKo
nice tattoo Cthulhu Thumbs Up. if i wasnt allergic to almost everything i would get a tattoo. i think the trouble with tattoos is that people never know when to stop. you see some freaky people covered in them (no offence stillbirth, im sure you arent too freaky)

Power Glove!!

kokugamer.com/wp-content/upload/2010/04/powerglove-tatoo.jpg

(thats not mine btw!)
Edited by RiKo on 17. June 2011 18:06
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
cthulhu
RiKo wrote:
nice tattoo Cthulhu Thumbs Up. if i wasnt allergic to almost everything i would get a tattoo. i think the trouble with tattoos is that people never know when to stop. you see some freaky people covered in them (no offence stillbirth, im sure you arent too freaky)

Thanks. It's not finished yet, but when it's finished I'll post a comparison picture with the original drawing to show how close it's to the original.
Well, that's the biggest drawback except for the pain and itching, that it's quite addictive (and expensive). I already have 4 and I don't think it will end with that...too many great ideas, too little space on my body. My plan is not to get covered completely with tattoos, but my boss at work gives me ten years until I'm almost covered completely. Still want/ need to have a Cthulhu tattoo on my other leg or incorporated into a full sleeve which will either be a Giger style biomech, Lovecraftian (with the Cthulhu) or a sleeve based on the Uzumaki and Gyo manga...not sure yet which it will be.
Edited by cthulhu on 17. June 2011 21:01
My arcade stuff

neogeoeno
speaking of tattoos artwork my sister have ariel (the little mermaid) tattoos in her right shoulder but i dont think the tattoo is healthy because its hurt the skin in the futureWait

NeoGeoNinja
cthulhu wrote:
Thanks. It's not finished yet, but when it's finished I'll post a comparison picture with the original drawing to show how close it's to the original.

LOOKING GOOD...
although I'll admit, initially, I had no idea what it was I was looking. Not being familiar with 'Jinmen' at all, I'm gonna go with some giant, bipedal devil tortoise with the souls of 20 men harboured in it's shell... or something like that! Hmm Grin

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the finished art and of course, the comparison Wink

cthulhu wrote:
Still want/ need to have a Cthulhu tattoo on my other leg or incorporated into a full sleeve which will either be a Giger style biomech, Lovecraftian (with the Cthulhu) or a sleeve based on the Uzumaki and Gyo manga...not sure yet which it will be.

I LOOK FORWARD TO...
this Cthulhu tattoo then considering all your design concepts are in good taste! Thumbs Up
Good luck making such a hard decision though...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
LOOKING GOOD...
although I'll admit, initially, I had no idea what it was I was looking. Not being familiar with 'Jinmen' at all, I'm gonna go with some giant, bipedal devil tortoise with the souls of 20 men harboured in it's shell... or something like that! Hmm Grin

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the finished art and of course, the comparison Wink[/quote]
Thanks...yep, it's a demonic turtle with the souls of the people he ate trapped in his shell

I LOOK FORWARD TO...
this Cthulhu tattoo then considering all your design concepts are in good taste! Thumbs Up
Good luck making such a hard decision though...

Ninja

The Cthulhu tattoo is really one that I'll get eventually. As for the full sleeve, I think that a Lovecraftian theme is quite out of the questing because it's really difficult to find good drawings (which I like) of all of the creatures Lovecraft wrote about. Prabably it's going to be a Junji Ito sleeve (manga artist of Uzumaki and Gyo) with lots of spirals, freaky things and weird biomech kind of creatures...or something like that. It will be a while before getting other tattoos though...they're quite expensive, painful and the healing itches like hell.

Sample of Uzumaki:

i7.mangareader.net/uzumaki/1/uzumaki-1136536.jpg

Sample of Gyo:

i17.mangareader.net/gyo/7/gyo-2375645.jpg
My arcade stuff

cthulhu
Just realised that I never posted my finished Jinmen Tattoo. The results:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/Jinmen-1_zps8df9fe94.jpg

In two weeks I'm going to get a new one on my other upper leg...Dr. Obnoxious, the mascot of a band called Haemorrhage, it's an insane pathologist holding an axe.
My arcade stuff

cthulhu
A new one...got it a week ago, the picture was taken the same day.

Dr. Obnoxious:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/DrObnoxious_zpsac06cd1b.jpg
Edited by cthulhu on 13. May 2014 09:49
My arcade stuff

Chiba3010
Scorpion tattoo on my inner-right forearm.

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/B91199A0-0C79-4177-B011-FE42D183750C-4233-0000056B4812C51B.jpg

I only get tattoos I've designed myself. The guy who inked me liked my design so much he asked if he could keep it to offer future clients! Wonder if anyone selected it for themselves, yet? Wink

And should anyone be curious, the cut in the pic was a souvenir from work yesterday. Being a Veterinary Technician virtually guarantees at least two minor scratches or bruises every week. I barely even take notice of them anymore.LOL

cthulhu
Seeing STE C's tattoo made me want to bump this thread once more.
Here's what I've had done a little while ago:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/Tubohime.jpg

It's based on the Tubohime (head in a pot) from Guwange.
My arcade stuff

cthulhu
Long overdue bump!
It's been a couple of years that I've gotten a Tattoo. Just recently started a new one. This time a Traditional Japanese Tebori sleeve of a snake. It's done completely by hand and by a Japanese artist on tatami mats, how more traditional can it get without travelling to Japan? I have had three sessions so far and there's a lot more to be done.

https://youtu.be/...

My arcade stuff

cthulhu
Finally done!!!

https://www.youtu...7J0y9hg9Jg
https://www.youtu...AH5CUAub2E
My arcade stuff