Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 548
Thread Info
There are 217 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 58610 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Street Fighter 4 Announced
boogiepop
I shit thee not.
http://www.1up.co...Id=3163721
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

sotenga
I shit my pants.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Shiny
... Shock

The SF fan in me is jumping for joy! Seriously. Grin Grin Grin

The cynic, waiting for the inevitable "it's 3D" or "it's 2D but with polygonal spritage" news... :|
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Kazuya_UK
Righ then... let me get one thing out the way first:

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!!!! Shock Shock Shock Shock

Finally! As much as I'm obviously an SNK guy I do love SF so this is long overdue! I really can't wait to hear moreo n this but I think Capcom will keep teasing us for a while to build up anticipation... Grin

... which leads me to what Shiny said. This could very easily turn out to be 3D, or like the supposed style of KOF XII, 3D shaded to look 2D (if that's true). I really don't mind seeing 3D Street Fighter, but if this is named "Street Fighter 4" then it must, repeat MUST be a 2D game. They will only alienate their most loyal fans if it isn't anyway, in my opinion at least. :eh:

I have to say though, I love that teaser trailer... thought the style and direction of it was awesome, dunno about you guys?

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
boogiepop
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Righ then... let me get one thing out the way first:

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!!!! Shock Shock Shock Shock

Finally! As much as I'm obviously an SNK guy I do love SF so this is long overdue! I really can't wait to hear moreo n this but I think Capcom will keep teasing us for a while to build up anticipation... Grin

... which leads me to what Shiny said. This could very easily turn out to be 3D, or like the supposed style of KOF XII, 3D shaded to look 2D (if that's true). I really don't mind seeing 3D Street Fighter, but if this is named "Street Fighter 4" then it must, repeat MUST be a 2D game. They will only alienate their most loyal fans if it isn't anyway, in my opinion at least. :eh:

I have to say though, I love that teaser trailer... thought the style and direction of it was awesome, dunno about you guys?

Kaz

Agreed. A few seconds in I thought it was going to be stupid and overly Matrix-esque in the action but I was duly impressed by the end.
MUST be 2d. Or I ain't even touching it.

P.S. I'm a little excited to have been the first to catch this news. Do I get a reward or something? Cool

Goemon
!...............i really didn't think this would ever happen.

I get the feeling that the visual style will be what's represented in the trailer (which i really like) if not very similar.

As perfect as 3rd Strike is to me, i really wouldn't mind if Capcom tries something completely new. I just hope they keep original SF physics and not make another Alpha style 3D SF.

Much thanks for the news boogie. Wink
Edited by Goemon on 17. October 2007 22:55
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Spooky
That looks pretty fucking awesome, can't wait to see some gameplay. Oh man, I'm gonna be so disappointed if it's in shitty 3D like the Maximum Impact series, 2D is so much better!!
Long long ago, there were a man..

Midian
One word: Awesome. Smile

I hope that they won't only release on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii though.
Edited by Midian on 18. October 2007 16:22
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Raiken
Holy shit indeed. I find this really funny since I kept joking about how I wanted SF4 already LOL
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Sonicfoot
I didnt believe it untill I saw the trailer myself. There timing on announcing the development of Street Fighter 4 is amazing, right on the heels on the SNKs next "graphically enhanced" King of Fighters XII.

Depending on how successful Street Fighter 4 becomes, does anyone think it might push SNK to revive Fatal Fury, which was always in the past the Fatal Fury series had always been used to give there answer to the Street Fighter games. Pfft

HexElf
Seriously I had given up hope on this game and it wasn't very recently either so I must admit I'm not too excited, especially aftering seeing just about the entire SF team being dismantled one by one, four billion remakes of the already existing games and the (underrated) Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution title that nobody seemed to care about.

Sure t's nice that they're finally putting out a new game in the series that started it all but after starving for a sequel over the better part of the last ten years I've learned to live on a fighting game diet that does not include vitamine SF. And so I leave it up to this new team to convince me that the wait was worth it, and let me tell you that it's going to take a lot to persuade me into longing for SF4 over Soul Calibur 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, King of Fighters XII, Samurai Spirits Sen, Guilty Gear AC or even Basara X.

One thing that would seriously help though is if SF4 would become such a big hit that it could lift the fighting genre out of the long downhill slump that it got caught in, do that and I'll believe the hype. Until then, I have other games to play.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
aroboto
Being more of a Capcom guy (sorry, SNK fans) this news excites me about as much as the announcement of KoF XII, if not a little more.

In any case, I'm wondering why people would be skeptical about Street Fighter going to 3D (probably because of the EX series, which wasn't made by Capcom).

Capcom has made quite a few excellent 3D games with 2D gameplay, like Rival Schools, Plasma Sword, and Tech Romancer. If they can make some of the only good 3D games with 2D gameplay out there, there should be no reason to doubt their prowess at all, IMO. Just let them do what they will. Smile

Oh, and sorry for not posting around here much, I've been really sick as of late, and I'm still trying to get better.
Current avatar: Saki from Quiz Nanairo Dreams

boogiepop
No worries man. Hope you're feeling better soon!

phry
Interesting to hear of an all-new SF title rather than another update. Hopefully, with the SF2 HD remix coming out soon perhaps that gives a little hope to SF4 being a 2D title.

Like KOFXII though, I reserve judgement till i see it in action. Sweet trailer though! Grin
Edited by phry on 30. October 2007 16:21

rezabrando
Good News and It's my turn now :twisted:
MOTHER FUCKER GANGBANGING COCKSUKER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I finally get some times for playing video games dammit all! it's really is a good news dammit all! I love capcom dammit all! fuck university dammit all! I didn't see the KOFXII trailer yet dammit all! Grin
Act like a man!

Spooky
Son of a bitch! It's gonna be 3D?! Man, Capcom sucks..
Long long ago, there were a man..

Goemon
FUUUUCCKKKK!!!

www.insertcredit.com/archives/news/122007/sf4.jpg
Edited by Goemon on 06. December 2007 19:42

Midian
Like the dude from InsertCredit said, looks like he got a boner. Pfft

It's a shame that it's 3d, but I still think it looks pretty nice so it might be pretty enjoyable. It probably won't top Third Strike though.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Shiny
Wait, what, where, etc... Game pic? More Info? Grammar failing...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Goemon
Sorry, forgot.

http://www.1up.co...Id=3164756

I read somewhere that it's being developed by DIMPS. lol.
Edited by Goemon on 06. December 2007 20:09

Jump to Forum: