Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 5333
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1015 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Nintendo Switch (NS)
bojan4o
What are your thoughts about it?

YouTube Video

cdn.bgr.com/2016/10/nintendo-switch1.jpg

Ps: any of the mods pls fix the video and the picture i guess i forgot how to post on these stuff.
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

green beret
It is innovative like Wii was too and I am looking forward to hold it. It will have the current generation Nvidia pascal gpu which for a hanheld it will be super powerful. As a desktop console it will have PS4 grade graphics and I would love a 3D Mario and other Nintendo titles to have such graphics.

Generally I am happy with it

merlin
Long time no see Bojan! You should visit more often!

I fixed the image for you.

I think it's a clever design and looks good. More than likely it will be very successful. It's not something which interests me personally though. Don't feel much desire to buy any new consoles or handhelds these days.

Sensi
I had still some hope Nintendo would again go for a killing console, the old school way.
It's lost after watching this trailer. Tragic the leader of the 80's en early 90's has backed up as a weak dark horse, aiming for a wide audience without excelling in anything. Yeah, it's different again but also very predictable.

The same series (Mario, Zelda, Star Fox and maybe Metroid) will be good, but there should be more new ones and way more 3rd party support. Nintendo's creativity is their advantage but it comes with too much stubborness.
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

Supergrafx
Sensi wrote:

I had still some hope Nintendo would again go for a killing console, the old school way.
It's lost after watching this trailer. Tragic the leader of the 80's en early 90's has backed up as a weak dark horse, aiming for a wide audience without excelling in anything. Yeah, it's different again but also very predictable.

The same series (Mario, Zelda, Star Fox and maybe Metroid) will be good, but there should be more new ones and way more 3rd party support. Nintendo's creativity is their advantage but it comes with too much stubborness.

That's a nice thought Sensi, but it really is a case of David versus 2 Goliaths in regards to Nintendo vs Microsoft and Sony. Sadly being the distant number 3 player also means that 3rd party support is going to be quite limited or non existent. Nintendo's own games have for the most part always been good but having game players have to wait months and months for first party releases is detrimental to the longevity of the console. I have actually had way more fun playing games on the WiiU than Xbox one and PS4 but find myself extremely frustrated waiting for a new WiiU game.

I will most likely get a Nintendo Switch and just play on the big screen. As i'm pushing 80 years old my eyes aren't what they used to be and trying to play games on that little screen would just drive me senile.Shock
Edited by Supergrafx on 09. November 2016 10:16

green beret
Supergrafx wrote:

Sensi wrote:

That's a nice thought Sensi, but it really is a case of David versus 2 Goliaths in regards to Nintendo vs Microsoft and Sony. Sadly being the distant number 3 player also means that 3rd party support is going to be quite limited or non existent. Nintendo's own games have for the most part always been good but having game players have to wait months and months for first party releases is detrimental to the longevity of the console. I have actually had way more fun playing games on the WiiU than Xbox one and PS4 but find myself extremely frustrated waiting for a new WiiU game.

I will most likely get a Nintendo Switch and just play on the big screen. As i'm pushing 80 years old my eyes aren't what they used to be and trying to play games on that little screen would just drive me senile.Shock

I have more fun with the WiiU too than the other 2. If you are 80 years old you are the oldest gamer I know!

Supergrafx
I was just kidding green beret, i'm not 80 years old. Dog

green beret
You got me then Clap
Ha ha

RiKo
TBH I don;t even know what the Nintendo Switch is yet! If it's another one of their "keep on playing when the family TV is occupied" ideas I wont be impressed. Ideas like that don't make people buy consoles - fun games do. Actually fun games with holographic graphics would make people buy consoles Wink

I will read up on it when I get a moment. My problem with Nintendo is that they created most of their franchises years ago - Mario, Zelda, Yoshii etc etc. And the new franchises they come up with never seem to have the same impact. It often seems like they are living off past-glories. They still make good games but they never seem that exciting anymore.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
RiKo
I did read up on this and have to say - it would have been good around the time the PSP came out. Now I'm not so sure. I haven't seen anyone playing on a 3DS in the wild let alone another handheld for a few years now. Hard to see how this will be successful. I do worry about Nintendo's future. They don't even have Pokemon exclusivity (now its on phones) to help it succeed anymore. I'll be happy to eat my words but I don't see anything here to tempt the massmarket.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
shion
Short comment
But I have an Ipad...

Long comment
Nintendo lacks experience in designing something that doesn't look and feel like a toy, although Switch appears to be a generic tablet (which is a compliment for Nintendo). They lack experience designing a fluid operating system, capacitative touch screen controls, a solid multiplayer network, high definition graphics and pretty much any feature that isn't game related. Isn't the pay cut 2/1 Nintendo still? What company is going to do that? No one approaches Nintendo these days. The ultimate sign that Nintendo is now 2nd rate is that Mojang was waiting for Nintendo to approach, not the other way around. Notch and his team left Mojang never expressing the need to be on Nintendo consoles (it was only when Microsoft bought the company that Minecraft suddenly appeared on Wii U). If the Switch is plastic (screen) on plastic (casing), and more than $200 (with no game) it will dye a slow, painful death I see. And why in the heck is Nintendo calling SD cards 'cartridges'?

Off-topic
Nintendo is the only console maker to make profits from their products.* However, the new president seems satisfied keeping it business as usual, as you said Riko, by exhausting their IPs into the ground. This is the guy who has been responsible for finding ways to make their consoles as cheap and weak as possible for quite a long time now.

While it is important to credit Nintendo for consistently offering new gameplay experiences and A/V styles, they always seem to use the same IPs, and that confuses people. When they do create new IP, Nintendo doesn't market it as much as Mario or Zelda, then they complain it didn't sell well enough to keep it. I don't get Nintendo, and I will continue to speak with my wallet (not buying their products). Shrug

*Edit: someone who worked with Nintendo during the Wiiu years said every single Wiiu sold after the first price cut was sold at a loss. I believe that is a first in their history.
Edited by shion on 18. January 2017 08:24

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
green beret
Only Zelda Breath of the Wild onl aunch but I will still buy Switch. I like the one with the different colour joy cons

Jump to Forum: