Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Klarkus
Thread ID: 310
Thread Info
There are 89 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 20410 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Street Fighter HD
Klarkus
Just been over to SRK and they have this on the news

Click for Pic

While this title isnít scheduled till late 2007, Capcom has announced that a redrwan version of this Street Fighter classic will be available for high definition on XBOX 360 and PS3. With online play and a perfect arcade translation, you can expect this oldie but a goodie to be an instant hit for any HD gaming system.

Udon and Capcom are working together to make this game impressive. Udon will be redoing not only the artwork for all the characters, but the endings and stage backgrounds as well. This should prove to be excellent eye candy for everyone.

Edited by Klarkus on 28. April 2007 07:19
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

HexElf
Certainly explains why Udon has been so slow to put out their comics these days. And what does SNK think of this? Meh, been there, done that. Check out KOF Re-Bout to see how it's done.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
NEo
Rebout looks awfull IMO...the sprites are just a little smoothed out and upscaled and some of the new BGs are ugly and there are way too many cameos.
NEo4LiFE

www.google.com
Kazuya_UK
Wow, that's pretty damn cool news. I actually think those sprites look pretty darned good - I've been hoping for a redone version of SFII for ages, so I'll be looking forward to this! I wonder what kind of job they will do with the backgrounds though...? And I would guess that if it's "arcade perfect" they won't be touching the animation, but that's not such a bad thing.

As for KOF '94 Rebout, I agree about the backgrounds not being the best, some of them were quite lame and they lost all the atmosphere of the originals, so I always played it with the original backgrounds switched on with the new sprites (which looked ok). I didn't think the sprites looked that bad at all though - I'm sure they did more than just upscale and filter them as it looked to me like there were details in the new sprites that weren't there before. Let's hope they do better with the supposed hi-res sprites in KOF XII though eh? Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
goemon4
Klarkus wrote:

Click for Pic

While this title isnít scheduled till late 2007, Capcom has announced that a redrwan version of this Street Fighter classic will be available for high definition on XBOX 360 and PS3. With online play and a perfect arcade translation, you can expect this oldie but a goodie to be an instant hit for any HD gaming system.

Udon and Capcom are working together to make this game impressive. Udon will be redoing not only the artwork for all the characters, but the endings and stage backgrounds as well. This should prove to be excellent eye candy for everyone.

how many times are they gonna re-release SF2 Turbo? Pfft

but ill still look forward to this, the sprites do seem nice imo...

candycab
goemon4 wrote:
Klarkus wrote:

Click for Pic

how many times are they gonna re-release SF2 Turbo? Pfft

but ill still look forward to this, the sprites do seem nice imo...

Yay more beating of the proverbial dead horse Grin

Though I suppose fighting games bye design much like racing games and the FPS genre are all more or less all the same in that sense Grin

As long as the end result isnt crap its all good Wink
Edited by candycab on 30. April 2007 04:58
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

goemon4
true, but look at Alpha 3, it had alot of good improvements on SF, tho they are pretty much the same, they should still make new fighters with different characters and mechanics (like they did with Darkstalkers) instead of tons of remakes and a few speed tweaks...

but hey i enjoyed all the out put from the horse beating so who am i to complain Grin

Raiken
Personally I just wanna see a new SF already Roll Eyes
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

Shiny
Raiken wrote:
Personally I just wanna see a new SF already Roll Eyes

Absof*ckinglutely! C'mon Capcom stop milking it already!

By the time they get around to SF4 nobody will care anymore. Unless they give Ryu a beard, that'd be worth the wait. Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Klarkus
Yeah they should take a mixture of all the best bits of all SF's and just make it into one great game. 3rd strike sprites, alpha 3 characters. super turbo balance ect.

NEo
CAPCOM isn't in 2d fightes anymore like they used to be since they stoped producing arcade games :\ (not countig the CFJ mugen). And as Kaz said im looking forward to see the BGs tho i dont have high hopes but UDON has great illustrators and yes animation won't be touched since they will broke the game ad they won't add new moves. And on a side note SF2HD will come to PC too and SNK is looking for graphics artists for KOF XII...so i think the game is not even 5% done :|
NEo4LiFE

www.google.com
Klarkus
If all they are doing is juicing up the gfx it shouldnt take long at all...theres only a few characters and stages so it cant be that hard (for them i mean). Plus UDO hasnt got much to draw out...again not many chars or stages. I hope it comes out soon and I wish they would release Super Turbo on xbox live arcade Grin

goemon4
ya, but i hope they do something good like adapt some of SFA 3's mechanics (like the blockign limit, and projectiles loosing power over distance etc) i guess to make it a bit more than a remake... tho i hope Capcom adds some originality like a new character or 2... tho i doubt it, hence the "Capcom has announced that a redrwan version of this Street Fighter classic"
Edited by goemon4 on 03. May 2007 03:58

Klarkus
Yeah I cant see them doing anything new...Which is why it shouldnt take long to be released

goemon4
ya, its a shame, a new 2d fighter for next-gen consoles would pwn (and show that 2d games are still awsome) since 3d seems to be all the rage today Grin

HexElf
goemon4 wrote:
ya, its a shame, a new 2d fighter for next-gen consoles would pwn (and show that 2d games are still awsome) since 3d seems to be all the rage today Grin

Agreed, it's like people forgot that there was a time when 99% of all games in all genres were presented in 2D and that most of the genres we play today are direct descendants to 2D their counterparts.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Kazuya_UK
Some new pics for those interested, just posting before I head off to bed Smile
Kazuya_UK attached the following image:
sfhdken.jpg

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Kazuya_UK
Akuma:
Kazuya_UK attached the following image:
sfhdakuma1.jpg